Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Abraham's defense.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm doing my best not to sound all biased against AA because I simply don't like the dude or his style. My main issue is that AA complains to the ref everytime his opponents work the body; ***** move.

Comment

It is very difficult to time Abraham's Rythm beacuse Theres one time he will be all offensively then the next moment he will be all defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        I'm doing my best not to sound all biased against AA because I simply don't like the dude or his style. My main issue is that AA complains to the ref everytime his opponents work the body; ***** move.
        I guess that's your opinion, but I'm watching his fight against Tayler right now and so far through round 5, he got hit low twice.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          umm, an old ass raul marquez broke his ribs
          yeah but the punishment marquez took to get his body shots in made him quit on his stool, will make the next guy think twice before going in with this strategy

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
            I think it's very interesting and is pretty similar to Clottey's defense, but I think Abraham is a little bit more active and effective.

One thing we'll know is that he won't have any brain damage or anything because of that defense, right?
            Abraham has no real weakness, if i was to pick one it would be not throwing enough. His defence is (as Mike would say) impenetrable from head to body. Dirrell is fast enough to catch openings but is he game enough to stand that close to Abraham? I think not.

Comment

Like DS said that he complains a lot, yes he does but he has reasons. Tayler hit Abraham at least 4 times below the belt.

Comment

just one word freddi - untouchable

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
                  I think it's very interesting and is pretty similar to Clottey's defense, but I think Abraham is a little bit more active and effective.

One thing we'll know is that he won't have any brain damage or anything because of that defense, right?
                  Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                  His guard to the head is pretty solid, it'll take a bit of work to break through it, IMO. However, he's a bit open to the body, although, you don't wanna commit down there too much incase he explodes with those power punches. Personally, I feel the guy to beat him will be the guy who doesn't care about looking back, and will stay on the outside and just pop jobs and straights at him, not committing too much. Although they might not land much, it won't give Abraham too much chance to land his big shots...

I'm looking forward to seeing how he deals with Dirrels movement, although I am picking AA to win.
                  Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  AA is much more active than Clottey, but we really haven't seen him in with a fighter than can throw over 1200 punches in one fight. If you keep punching AA, he will kept shelling up and the openings will be there if he becomes more offensive.
                  Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
                  Well, he did get his jaw broken against Miranda and he looked pretty marked up against Taylor so I wouldn't exactly say it's air tight.

i think Dirrell will win this fight, Abraham is in for a long night

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanHattonAY View Post
                    i think Dirrell will win this fight, Abraham is in for a long night
                    Naw. He might run for a couple of rounds but then Abraham will catch him because Direll's footwork is not all that, he seems to cross his legs a lot and do mistakes. I think Abraham will catch him late in the fight and knock him out.

Comment

AA always looks like he will shell up all night but he always opens up after 5 or so rds and when he does, he starts to box a bit. If Dirrell goes to the body, he will get rocked eventually and it will only tae one power punch to wobble Dirrell...I don't think he has a good chin at all for some reason. Dirrell might be able to dodge him to a UD but he isn't gonna hurt him substantially, AA is a tough, tough guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X