No announcement yet.

Brook vs Liam smith for wbo light middleweight December 17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an easy fight to make i think.

Brook is one of Hearn's/Sky's most popular fighters and Smith is probably one of Warrens/BoxNation's more popular fighters. With BoxNation's deal with BT, i doubt BT would be happy for their bigger names going to fight on Sky. And likewise, Brook is a draw after defeat so Hearn won't be letting him go fight on BoxNation/BT.

On top of that, it's not a big enough fight for those guys considering broadcasting it together.

Had they been either both huge names or lesser known fighters, it would work easier.

Comment

Been rumours of Liam Smith jumping ship for a while though. Don't think he'll do it til after the rematch though, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        Yes... Liam Smith vs Liam Williams was a mess... They were supposed to fight for the "interim" WBO strap at 154... but Smith came at 156, in the first place... Williams was in front on the scorecards, but the fight was stopped due to his bad eyelid cut...

(edit: ... and Williams is with Frank Warren... )
        Think both Liam's fight under Frankie Warren, the cut was caused by a blatant headbutt and his eye lid was hanging off and the ref refused to wave it off. I wanted Smith to win but after the weigh in palaver I want Williams to whoop him

Comment

Originally posted by SalimShady1212 View Post
          Think both Liam's fight under Frankie Warren, the cut was caused by a blatant headbutt and his eye lid was hanging off and the ref refused to wave it off. I wanted Smith to win but after the weigh in palaver I want Williams to whoop him
          Yes, both are with Warren...

... so, maybe Brook vs Smith for the "interim" WBO strap at 154 won't be that undoable, as a second thought...

Comment

Beefy isnt all that. Brook wins

Comment

Originally posted by TheDynasty View Post
              I'm hearing this is what they're planning.

Just as expected put him in with a weak middleweight for the vacant wbo belt and con the masses again lmao

Eddie Hearn u p1ece of ****
              hahahahaha

why am I not surprised? Although September is a pretty quick turn around for Brook considering he "almost went blind"

lol if this is true, Brook will be used to milk the wbo belt and then hearn will cash him out at some point 18 months or so down the line

no wonder hearn gets booed at every public event

Comment

Yes, both are with Warren...

... so, maybe Brook vs Smith for the "interim" WBO strap at 154 won't be that undoable, as a second thought...
                If you got Smith/Williams rematch for WBO "interim" August time, Smith aint even ranked by the WBO after the weight stuff. Smith wins, jumps ship to Matchroom, fights Brook December. Winner fights Cotto next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  If you got Smith/Williams rematch for WBO "interim" August time, Smith aint even ranked by the WBO after the weight stuff. Smith wins, jumps ship to Matchroom, fights Brook December. Winner fights Cotto next year.
                  Warren said the rematch it's made (but he didn't say just when...)

Comment

Warren said the rematch it's made (but he didn't say just when...)

... according to this tweet above, it seems that Williams still has to sign the rematch contract...

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      hahahahaha

why am I not surprised? Although September is a pretty quick turn around for Brook considering he "almost went blind"

lol if this is true, Brook will be used to milk the wbo belt and then hearn will cash him out at some point 18 months or so down the line

no wonder hearn gets booed at every public event

Cotto and Kamegai are fighting for the WBO 154 Belt August 26th.

A Kell Brook vs Liam Smith fight for the WBO 154 Belt is impossible obviously.

Unless Cotto vacates which I highly doubt he will.

They may possibly fight for the WBO 154 Interim title.

But Liam Smith is supposed to be scheduled to rematch Liam Williams . If that fight happens and if Williams beats Smith then it would be Williams who would be moving forward.
                      Last edited by The Time; 05-31-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X