Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 08-08-2019, 02:50 AM #11
Undisputed Champion

Location: Makati City/Naga City/Detroit/Anaheim/Huntington Beach/Yautepec
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Aztekkas has a reputation beyond reputeAztekkas has a reputation beyond reputeAztekkas has a reputation beyond reputeAztekkas has a reputation beyond reputeAztekkas has a reputation beyond reputeAztekkas has a reputation beyond reputeAztekkas has a reputation beyond reputeAztekkas has a reputation beyond reputeAztekkas has a reputation beyond reputeAztekkas has a reputation beyond reputeAztekkas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,348.85
Total Points: 20,659.53
Your first of many, I'm sure. Great poster! - CubanGuyNYC Can't green K you cause I'm red, pero saludos! - Jalisciense909 Salud compa! Thanks for the gift!  Rodriguez vs. Takayama should be a good one! - Jalisciense909 Vastly Knowledgeable and Great Poster - Dinamita 03 here's a secound - drenlou 
here's a second round for you big dawg.! - drenlou haha! I hear you on the Sofrito - -jose- No Message - -jose- que paso ese vato loco! - drenlou Cheers! - Beercules 
war gay lounge!! here's a fruity cocktail - Mike D No Message - -jose- subtle as a mfcka lol - Bardock Thanks for the green k, boss. - Anxious Times lol thanks for da green! - -jose- 
Haaha, thanks. Have a slush, they're delicious. - Santa_ 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Harper View Post
Every lounge member who appalls crime should be in here sharing their disgust !!!

The usual suspects are curiously absent.....
Agendas, my friend.

Since rappers promote gun violence, drug trafficking and other criminal activities, why arent more people sitting down to discuss a solution and fix the issues? Said issues are rampant in our minority neighborhoods.

In the same fashion we discuss mass shootings committed by white folks, we need to discuss the alarming murder rates in the latino and black communities.

Like I said in another thread, these issues are deep rooted. But we need to take a step back and see things for what they truly are, and not what best fits our individual narratives.
Aztekkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:54 AM #12
Successful As HELL !

Quoted: 4139 Post(s)
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 190,354.06
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn "enjoy" - MinuteMaid5 Prescribed - MinuteMaid5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztekkas View Post
Agendas, my friend.

Since rappers promote gun violence, drug trafficking and other criminal activities, why arent more people sitting down to discuss a solution and fix the issues? Said issues are rampant in our minority neighborhoods.

In the same fashion we discuss mass shootings committed by white folks, we need to discuss the alarming murder rates in the latino and black communities.

Like I said in another thread, these issues are deep rooted. But we need to take a step back and see things for what they truly are, and not what best fits our individual narratives.
And rappers are the epitome of racists....even towards their own people !!!

Some people can see all things for what they are. Others need shlt to distract them.
Curtis Harper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:08 AM #13
Fvcking Up The Game.

Quoted: 11750 Post(s)
travestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,298,977.01
Total Points: 2,401,509.93
pimping ain't easy - SugarKaineHook not sure why your original gift aint shown - SugarKaineHook The troll killer! - JK1700 Job well done! - koolkc107 Boxingscene's Best... Meant to get this to you the other day. Drinks on me - Chollo Vista 
Burger for Troubles. Good discussion... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, man... - Tony Trick-Pony For exposing Szef.... That was classic - Chollo Vista Toast for handing out L's - Chollo Vista A true legend of Boxingscene - Chollo Vista 
For the unified undisputed champ of Boxingscene. Hasn't been a dude this bad since Roy Jones Jr - Chollo Vista 

I get the feeling that this thread was created under a guise of what is being proclaimed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
The more attention this gets, the more of an urge that will arise to do something about it.

What do you really think documenting every shooting in Chicago here is going to help?

You are trying to provoke an urge for all of us to do what exactly? What's the plan?
travestyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:12 AM #14
I AM VERY FEEL

Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Tony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,382.71
Total Points: 79,439.99
Cheers, my dude. - Bobby Deez Good posts. Keep them coming. - 1bad65 Meatball subs are pretty gud, italian herbs and cheese - Shontae De'marc Gracias my dude - Bobby Deez yo check out this sweet swag i stole, u can hav sum 2 brotha - Shontae De'marc 
No troubles at all, dude.  Great convo and lots of respect! - travestyny I like your style - 1bad65 Haha You damn right - Bobby Deez loma is number 1 - Dean_Razorback Great match up!  If mcgirt would have been right that fight could have exploded - Rockin' 
my first gift...hope i did it right, you slicc mofo - Elroy The Great Respeks, my G - Bobby Deez Sick loot ya'll - Shontae De'marc John West Tangy Jalapenos Tuna, the best - Shontae De'marc An apple a day keeps tha haterz at bay - Shontae De'marc 
Cheers, bro. - travestyny Feel the feels: Great poster - Thraxox Thanks for always welcoming back bruva - Teetotaler Top Man! - BoxingFan85 Thx bro... - jaded 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - anthonydavid11 Childhood Cancer - Thraxox 

Quote:
Originally Posted by travestyny View Post
I get the feeling that this thread was created under a guise of what is being proclaimed.

What do you really think documenting every shooting in Chicago here is going to help?

You are trying to provoke an urge for all of us to do what exactly? What's the plan?
The more people that know about this, the more people will talk about it and think of changes that need to be made. A lot of people outside of Chicago don't know about all of this. I don't either. So it will be a good learning experience for all. Murders happen in all cities but Chicago ranks up there very highly. Why not bring attention to this problem?
Tony Trick-Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:20 AM #15
Fvcking Up The Game.

Quoted: 11750 Post(s)
travestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,298,977.01
Total Points: 2,401,509.93
pimping ain't easy - SugarKaineHook not sure why your original gift aint shown - SugarKaineHook The troll killer! - JK1700 Job well done! - koolkc107 Boxingscene's Best... Meant to get this to you the other day. Drinks on me - Chollo Vista 
Burger for Troubles. Good discussion... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, man... - Tony Trick-Pony For exposing Szef.... That was classic - Chollo Vista Toast for handing out L's - Chollo Vista A true legend of Boxingscene - Chollo Vista 
For the unified undisputed champ of Boxingscene. Hasn't been a dude this bad since Roy Jones Jr - Chollo Vista 

Quote:
The more people that know about this, the more people will talk about it and think of changes that need to be made. A lot of people outside of Chicago don't know about all of this. I don't either. So it will be a good learning experience for all. Murders happen in all cities but Chicago ranks up there very highly. Why not bring attention to this problem?
I think we have brought attention to this problem. In fact, every time there is a mass shooting, we are reminded of this problem. A lot.

Why do you think Chicago is one of the top discussions on this board currently. Your thread is just adding to at least one if not 2 others about Chicago.

But what would you like for us to do? To learn about it, talk about it, and say, "Damn, that's terrible." Then what?
travestyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:31 AM #16
Contender

Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Joel Osteen has a reputation beyond reputeJoel Osteen has a reputation beyond reputeJoel Osteen has a reputation beyond reputeJoel Osteen has a reputation beyond reputeJoel Osteen has a reputation beyond reputeJoel Osteen has a reputation beyond reputeJoel Osteen has a reputation beyond reputeJoel Osteen has a reputation beyond reputeJoel Osteen has a reputation beyond reputeJoel Osteen has a reputation beyond reputeJoel Osteen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,235.92
Total Points: 32,098.54

Quote:
This has been brought up recently and well, there's always new murders in Chicago. So, I thought I'd start this thread, documenting the problem there. The more attention this gets, the more of an urge that will arise to do something about it.

56 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend, including four fatally

Fifty-six people were shot in Chicago over the weekend, including four fatally, according to the Chicago Sun Times. This is the second time in the last month that at least 50 people in Chicago were injured by gun violence in the same weekend and comes right before the Fourth of July holiday, which saw more than 100 people shot in the city two summers ago.

According to the Chicago Sun Times, one person was killed and 20 people were injured in the first 12 hours of the weekend that began on Friday at 5 p.m and ended on Saturday at 5 a.m. One man was reportedly killed by an 18-year-old who shot him during an argument and ran off; another man, 32-year-old Andre Lyons, was killed killed on the sidewalk after an unknown person unleashed gunfire on the area; an unidentified man was found shot to death in East Garfield Park at dawn on Saturday.

Another victim was 17-year-old Jarise Baker. CBS Chicago reports Baker and his girlfriend were walking home shortly after midnight when a car passed by and shot them both. Baker was shot six times in the chest and upper body, while his girlfriend was wounded in the arm. Baker's family told CBS Chicago he was not involved in gangs or drugs.

This growth in gun violence comes at the same time that Chicago Police announced that shootings in the city have hit a four-year low. According to recent crime statistics released to CBS Chicago, 1,229 people have been shot in Chicago, about 100 fewer than the first six months of 2018, and the lowest total since 2015. Police also said there have been 236 murders through the end of June, 21 fewer than the same time period last year.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Thank you for creating this thread. Not a lot of television news coverage about Chicago.

We have posters who claim black neighborhoods are over policed and they wonder why?
Joel Osteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:22 AM #17
I AM VERY FEEL

Tony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Cheers, my dude. - Bobby Deez Good posts. Keep them coming. - 1bad65 Meatball subs are pretty gud, italian herbs and cheese - Shontae De'marc Gracias my dude - Bobby Deez yo check out this sweet swag i stole, u can hav sum 2 brotha - Shontae De'marc 
No troubles at all, dude.  Great convo and lots of respect! - travestyny I like your style - 1bad65 Haha You damn right - Bobby Deez loma is number 1 - Dean_Razorback Great match up!  If mcgirt would have been right that fight could have exploded - Rockin' 
my first gift...hope i did it right, you slicc mofo - Elroy The Great Respeks, my G - Bobby Deez Sick loot ya'll - Shontae De'marc John West Tangy Jalapenos Tuna, the best - Shontae De'marc An apple a day keeps tha haterz at bay - Shontae De'marc 
Cheers, bro. - travestyny Feel the feels: Great poster - Thraxox Thanks for always welcoming back bruva - Teetotaler Top Man! - BoxingFan85 Thx bro... - jaded 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - anthonydavid11 Childhood Cancer - Thraxox 

Quote:
Originally Posted by travestyny View Post
I think we have brought attention to this problem. In fact, every time there is a mass shooting, we are reminded of this problem. A lot.

Why do you think Chicago is one of the top discussions on this board currently. Your thread is just adding to at least one if not 2 others about Chicago.

But what would you like for us to do? To learn about it, talk about it, and say, "Damn, that's terrible." Then what?
I'm not asking for you to do anything, travesty. Haha. If you don't like the thread or agree with it, you don't have to be on here, man. The more anything is talked about, the more it becomes known which spurns people into action. I don't expect anybody on here to do anything but it's good to be informed.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM #18
I AM VERY FEEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Osteen View Post
Thank you for creating this thread. Not a lot of television news coverage about Chicago.

We have posters who claim black neighborhoods are over policed and they wonder why?
Sure thing and yes, these black neighborhoods are hurting every day from these crimes. It's mainly black people dying over this. Every city has murders but Chicago has been out of control for decades. It's time to stop.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:25 AM #19
Successful As HELL !

Quoted: 4139 Post(s)
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 190,354.06
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn "enjoy" - MinuteMaid5 Prescribed - MinuteMaid5 

What are we ''to do'' about any thread, I wonder...........

This question isn't asked of it's readers too often
Curtis Harper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:57 AM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute-2 Scrappy- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 7,817.76

It's only like certain parts of chicago too I heard. Just can't go to the wrong side of town.
-2 Scrappy- is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
chicago's, murder, thread