No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Sees No Obstacles in Facing PBC Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Put it up for bids and let the highest bidder win.

And Mikey isn’t signed to Haymon.
    I agree with the purse bid idea. And Mikey may not be "signed" with Haymon but he only fights Haymon opponents so he's really no different from all the other PBC fighters in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      The same goes for Crawford. Do you believe a non Haymon managed opponent is going to get a fair shake on Showtime? I don't. Haymon is shady as hell and will try to get every advantage possible for his top guys.
      Haymon is shady? Yeah, let me know when the FBI raids his offices. Only promoters blast Haymon and that’s because he looks out for the fighter.

Comment

I agree with the purse bid idea. And Mikey may not be "signed" with Haymon but he only fights Haymon opponents so he's really no different from all the other PBC fighters in my opinion.
        He’s free to work with whoever and he isn’t signed with him, so no it’s not the same.

Comment

Yeah I don't dispute that. One of the sanctioning bodies should put it up for a purse bid and force the fight.
          I had hoped ESPN would operate differently from HBO and be the force that broke down promoter barriers to fights.

That hasn't been the case so far. We get TR fights against GBP guys when Bob thinks his guy can win. Otherwise ESPN seems to copy the TR/HBO formula for building fighters.

Comment

Haymon is shady? Yeah, let me know when the FBI raids his offices. Only promoters blast Haymon and that’s because he looks out for the fighter.
            Dont forget Bob's most famous quote of all... "Yesterday I was lying but today Im telling the truth!"

Dont forget you get on his bad side he puts you on ice and tries to destroy your career.
            Last edited by Shadoww702; 08-20-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Crawford is full of it. Crawford is never fighting Spence period.

Comment

PBC was trying to make Wilder and AJ. Now it looks like were getting Wilder and Fury instead.

We just got Alvarez and Kovalov. Before that Kovalov and Ward twice.

Jacobs and GGG. List goes on and on...

Comment

then do it, but please, not someone like molina jr

Comment

He’s free to work with whoever and he isn’t signed with him, so no it’s not the same.
                    its the same. Mikey said as much when he said that he must fight on showtime

Comment

He's faced PBC fighters before, I don't see a problem.
                      He faced them on HBO, but he's never fought on a PBC show, nor on Showtime! The question is will Arum let him go to Showtime, without losing a purse bid, etc.?

Comment

Working...
                      X