This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
    --- Your memory needs a spritzer of Dr Pepper.

Don't need to provide it when you can go down to the super.

Sanders was ducked as were the Ks in their beginning. Sanders had rugby and golf to fall back on.

I liked Lewis, but he turned out to be a pretentious intellectual bore wannabe and punked out of boxing like a lamb.

Most of the Ks opponents would beat Ali's save the greats. None of the greats wanted to fight the Ks, something you can never live down as a neutered sore loser.
    I see you have carefully avoided my questions again. I rematched the fight last night. Not once did Lewis "rub his dreads" in VK's eyes as you've so blatently lied. In fact if you go back and watch the fight you will notice Lennox had his hair pulled back and tied in the back. Second, there we're rules violations from both sides, but nothing so extremes as to call it intentionally cheating. This is boxing, not tiddly winks, things get rough in the ring. Try again soon.

Comment

You don't know s**t about tiddly winks, why back in the day when we played tiddly winks we . . . Mancini tried to force Bramble to cut his dreads claimed they were going to cut his face. In the end it was Bramble's gloves that did the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
        You don't know s**t about tiddly winks, why back in the day when we played tiddly winks we . . . Mancini tried to force Bramble to cut his dreads claimed they were going to cut his face. In the end it was Bramble's gloves that did the damage.
        I remember that fight well. I was rooting for Mancini and Bramble gave him a beating. What I'm not so sure about....didn't Bramble have a voodoo doll before the fight saying he would Target Ray's eyes and was sticking pins in it, or am I imagining that?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          I remember that fight well. I was rooting for Mancini and Bramble gave him a beating. What I'm not so sure about....didn't Bramble have a voodoo doll before the fight saying he would Target Ray's eyes and was sticking pins in it, or am I imagining that?
          I think the dreadlocks argument was the second fight; in the first fight it was Bramble high school basketball coach (St. Croix) who was pretending to be a voodoo witch or something like that.

Bramble's antics caused one reporter to quip: "Whoever fights Livingstone Bramble automatically has the home planet advantage."

But the truth is he was a really nice guy; possibly a little too sensitive for his own good. After it all fell apart he went into such a depression that he eventually committed himself for fear he was going to commit suicide.

I mention this only because Bramble likes mention it himself, the experience made him an advocate of mental health and he likes to promote it for others who might be in need.

He wasn't whot he is purported to be.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I see you have carefully avoided my questions again. I rematched the fight last night. Not once did Lewis "rub his dreads" in VK's eyes as you've so blatently lied. In fact if you go back and watch the fight you will notice Lennox had his hair pulled back and tied in the back. Second, there we're rules violations from both sides, but nothing so extremes as to call it intentionally cheating. This is boxing, not tiddly winks, things get rough in the ring. Try again soon.
            --- the footage is as indelible as Frazier knocking down Ali.

Video is easily doctored today and I ain't going through all of it to find an original broadcast.

Don't change Lewis, Bowe, Field and Tyson wisely ducked the Ks to usher in two decades of American heavy mediocrity.

Comment

Working...
            X