Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly Jacobs Would Beat Bernard Hopkins like Taylor did twice...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    that's like saying Golovkin knocked out a faster slicker Afro American in Willie Monroe. He would knock out Hopkins even faster.
    Prime for prime, Hopkins dominates GGG to the point that it's cruel. G isn't going to knock Nard down. Hell, he isn't even going to get the chance to land. But lets say for arguments sake he did land, Nard's chin is solid so it wouldn't have an effect anyway.

Please stop making a fool of yourself. It's embarrassing.

Comment

jacobs is the 2nd bests middleweight of all time according to my metrics. first is eric crumble

Comment

Hopkins was 40 years old when he fought the 27 year old Taylor. That's hardly prime against prime. Age matters even with Hopkins. The forty year old Hopkins was not as good as the Hopkins who beat Trinidad. I thought Hopkins won both Taylor fights anyway and that was Taylor at his best.

Comment

Unbiased posters, who do u think wins?

Jacobs or jermainr Taylor? Be honest

Comment

Taylor could take a punch and was a legitimate world class fighter during his reign. Jacobs isn’t a world class fighter and doesn’t have a good chin, Taylor would KO Jacobs

Comment

Bad stylistic match up for Bernard. Speed. Power. Volume. Hopkins doesn't punch hard enough to be a problem. couldn't even put out Taylor lmao.

Jacobs > Taylor
              Why do you say Jacobs was a high volume puncher? Here are the compubox punch states of his fight with GGG. GGG threw 615 punches and landed 231 punches. Jacobs threw 541 punches and landed 175 punches. That is an average of 45 punches thrown per round for Jacobs and that is not high volume punching for a middleweight. GGG threw a more punches than Jacobs and he landed 56 more punches than Jacobs. He knocked Jacobs down and won a ud in Jacobs's home state. A prime middleweight Hopkins would also beat Jacobs in my opinion.

Comment

Would Hopkins get dropped by Sergio Mora?

Comment

Unbiased posters, who do u think wins?

Jacobs or jermainr Taylor? Be honest
                  I would pick a prime Taylor to beat Jacobs. The Taylor who fought Hopkins was an excellent middleweight who could box and punch. He had a short prime and went down hill fast but the Taylor who fought Hopkins was better than Jacobs in my opinion.

Comment

Bad stylistic match up for Bernard. Speed. Power. Volume. Hopkins doesn't punch hard enough to be a problem. couldn't even put out Taylor lmao.

Jacobs > Taylor
                    He had taylor about out on his feet. He hurt that boy at the end of one of those bouts, forgot which one. So long ago. Hop is unpredictable, back then especially. He pops off the ropes with the big FAST right cross lead. that's not even talking about his elbows, headbutts, etc. But I love hop, he reminds me of the old school fighters from the older golden era. He woulda starred on The Harder They Fall, and done just as good a job as Jersey Joe Walcott did. (Loved that movie and that scene when he goes, well when Bogart asks him, "Why did he take that awful beating?" -- Walcott throws open his locker , puts on his jacket and ..."Some guys can sell out, other guys just can't." in the film, Walcott is such an enlightened spirit. zero wasted words. everything has meaning with that dude.
                    Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 05-02-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Why do you say Jacobs was a high volume puncher? Here are the compubox punch states of his fight with GGG. GGG threw 615 punches and landed 231 punches. Jacobs threw 541 punches and landed 175 punches. That is an average of 45 punches thrown per round for Jacobs and that is not high volume punching for a middleweight. GGG threw a more punches than Jacobs and he landed 56 more punches than Jacobs. He knocked Jacobs down and won a ud in Jacobs's home state. A prime middleweight Hopkins would also beat Jacobs in my opinion.
                      Gotta spread more rep around before giving it to you again, maff

Comment

Working...
                      X