Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does GGG Deserve to be P4P No.1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. He lost two in a row and was scared of and would've gotten his ass beat by Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      But have they had to fight a roided up freak with all the boxing terrorists against them?
      I'm pretty sure Salido was roided to the gills when he fought Loma. Salido ate an all Mexican meat diet during training camp. And he even grinded up beef and mixed it in his water to drink in between rounds.

He was literally juiced up with meat.

Comment

To me, P4P always meant skills instead of resume. Golovkin's skills, or his fighting style, are diminished from when he was in his early 30s.

He still easily makes top5, probably top 3. But to me, Crawford and Lomachenko pass the eye test with more gusto.

Comment

Nah, not ATM but if he clobbers Red Jesus he might be in the discussion. I think Golovkin is on the slide my self but he probably has a few more good fights in him. I think guys like Loma, Crawford maybe the winner of the cruiser tournament are more in line for that but p4p rankings are just kind of a fantasy thing anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            I'm pretty sure Salido was roided to the gills when he fought Loma. Salido ate an all Mexican meat diet during training camp. And he even grinded up beef and mixed it in his water to drink in between rounds.

He was literally juiced up with meat.

Comment

No he doesn’t.

Comment

No, Loma or Crawford are still the top P4P fighters based upon their respective skills if they were matched at any mythical weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  The failed drugs tests, showing very high levels of clen
                  he failed a test going into his 1st fight

Comment

As much as I like GGG, I'd say no. He really started being tested just recently. He faced a great welterweight in Kell Brook, edged out a decision against the second best middleweight in the world, and then arguably defeated Canelo in the ring but got a draw on the scorecards. I think those three fights have been Golovkin's stiffest challenges in his career. I'd like to see him win convincingly or through a hard fought battle against a name like Canelo, Jacobs, Saunders to be rated number one. I think if he can rack up a string of victories against today's best middleweights he can be considered pound for pound the best. But I just feel like he steamrolled through his first 30+ opponents until he met up with Brook and after that it's been getting tougher. Some solid convincing wins against a few more great names and I think he's pound for pound and a great of this era.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      Absolutely not. He neither has the skills nor the resume (the two main criteria). Mine will look something like this:

1. Usyk
                      2. Crawford
                      3. Lomachenko
                      4. Spence
                      5. Mikey

-the rest.
                      U talk about resume yet has Spence in the 4th and Crawford in the second.

Comment

Working...
                      X