Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Confirms Return in May; Won't Commit to Golovkin Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i understand canelo's decision of not committing for a rematch. he knows he clearly lost to triple g.

as simple as that...

Comment

Lame. If they postpone it another year they're gonna lose a ton of respect.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
        you cant dispute nothing i mentioned. all facts.

1. ggg owed jacobs immediate rematch but so called fans and media never pressed him for it.
        GGG did not owe Jacobs an immediate rematch. We should hopefully see a rematch because Jacobs deserves one and it was a good fight. But he is not owed one in the slightest.
        2. canelo didn't make him wait. little g refused to drop to 155.
        Yes he did. Canelo won a middleweight belt (GGG's division) and then ran back down to 154 and demanded GGG follow him.
        3. ggg has only stepped up competition twice in career. both endind in controversy.
        First of all, you know nothing about boxing. Secondly, only one fight really ended in controversy. Both fights were close and could concievably be called draws. What made the Canelo fight controversial was the 118-110 scorecard in favor of Canelo. What made the Jacobs fight controversial was that a handful of loudmouth idiots think that a guy won the fight even if he spends most of the fight backing up, gets dropped and outpunched. But them combos do!!! "peeleft:

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
          Dunno about you, but I had to take an aspirin as my brain swelled up from the volume of information I had to absorb. It deserves to be a sticky as an example to all aspiring forum contributors. We have been blessed.
          LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahahahhahahhaha

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post

This fight exposed GGG, he is not the bogey man, not anymore, 12 rounds with a Jr Middleweight who is making his debut in the weight class lol?
            Come on dude. Canelo was a junior middleweight by name only for years. When you weigh around 180 pounds the night of the fight after you rehydrate you're not a junior middleweight.

On top of that, the eye catching punches were landed by Canelo, the top 4 shots of the fight were landed by the Mexican, period end of story.
            Because a handful of eye catching punches determine who wins.

118-110 sucks, but this def was a draw, and would have been an L for GGG if Canelo didn't fade slightly in the middle rounds.
            And I would be ****ing Jessica Alba if I wasn't fat, ugly and not a millionaire. A$$hole is talking about a fighter slowing down as if its an accident. Its not. Either he was fighting at a pace he wasn't comfortable with and had to slow down to perserve his strength for later rounds or he wasn't as prepared as he should have been. Period.

GGG is an elite boxer puncher that will get laid out by the first fighter he sees with serious power and a delivery system.
            So I guess Canelo and Jacobs don't count.

Comment

Canelo lost 8-4 (9-3 or 7-5 is acceptable), so now he will play the wait until he gets older game. I could see Canelo trying to go after Saunders or convincing Cotto to extend his retirement until after the May rematch...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                I don't see anything changing in a rematch, canelo is just a slow counter puncher and he's reached his peak, and he didn't figure out any weakness on golovkin like ward did with kovalevs stamina. It would actually be a much easier fight for ggg now that he knows canelos movements.
                I don't know. Maybe a more confident Canelo is more aggressive and sits down on his punches more so that they actually hurt GGG. Or maybe this increased aggression makes him tire out that much faster and ensures GGG knocks him out late. Interesting possibility either way to say the least.
                Last edited by yankees7448; 09-17-2017, 03:52 PM.

Comment

The way of the divas was born in the mid 80's, thanks to Ray Leonard. It should have stayed there, but instead ot took away boxing from the mainstream and ****ed up the politics even more.
                  GGG is the kind of guy who belongs in an era that was far superior than this *****ing-game. I believe Canelo has heart and wants to be a legend, but then he needs to change promotor and go a different route. He don't need GBP anymore.

Comment

Canelo should fight Saunders in Texas in May, get the WBO belt and showdown with Golovkin in September with all belts on the table for grab.

Comment

Originally posted by Acapulco Gold View Post
                      Not taking the rematch would damage his credibility and he would be ridiculed for life.

He knows he has no choice, I don't think Canelo is stupid enough to avoid the rematch.
                      haha think again. I doubt he will fight GGG again lol

Comment

Working...
                      X