X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #10001 post

Comment

• Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
      Agreed I think the WC just will come down to who has a better defense.

Who has the most clean sheets overall.

Clubs like France, Germany and the Brits to me stand out.

Well they should to some extent. Organized lines all that.

The problem England have always had is that despite generally always having a strong, possible the strongest, back 5 in most of the tournaments they dont keep the ball well and therefore dont protect their back line, its often exposed to wave after wave of attack against good counter attacking sides, see a side with an inferior back line man 4 man can still look solid against England because they have more of the ball, whilst you have got the ball the opposition cant hurt you, that always been England's biggest problem keeping the ball, they lack the technique to do that, that is why England dont play fluid football, rather more mechanical football, their technique is not good enough to play fluid 1/2 touch football.

Dont get me wrong im a huge England fan and would love to see them do it but i dont think our defense is as good as it looks on paper because they get left exposed by the midfield a lot of the time, matter of fact i dont think England would be a quarter final team without almost always having a very good defense.

We are like a one dimensional fighter with a solid chin who is a tough fight for anyone but will ultimately lose against the best fighters when asked to step up.

With that said we should! in theory but more than a quarter final team as we do have some of the better players in the world, i mean Sweden always do about as good as us and they are generally not as good as us man 4 man imo, so we must be under-performing.

Even though the American players are not as good as England's at playing Football they do have decent/good technique and discipline, i admire that because with that type of discipline and technique they could be capable of causing the odd upset, that is also what England lack imo, discipline and mental strength, England flap under pressure, get nervous and end up conceding. I honestly dont think England would of held out against Spain the way America did, England would of conceded late goals for sure, despite having better defenders, that said i do think we should go further than USA but......

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
        The problem England have always had is that despite generally always having a strong, possible the strongest, back 5 in most of the tournaments they dont keep the ball well and therefore dont protect their back line, its often exposed to wave after wave of attack against good counter attacking sides, see a side with an inferior back line man 4 man can still look solid against England because they have more of the ball, whilst you have got the ball the opposition cant hurt you, that always been England's biggest problem keeping the ball, they lack the technique to do that, that is why England dont play fluid football, rather more mechanical football, their technique is not good enough to play fluid 1/2 touch football.

Dont get me wrong im a huge England fan and would love to see them do it but i dont think our defense is as good as it looks on paper because they get left exposed by the midfield a lot of the time, matter of fact i dont think England would be a quarter final team without almost always having a very good defense.

We are like a one dimensional fighter with a solid chin who is a tough fight for anyone but will ultimately lose against the best fighters when asked to step up.

With that said we should! in theory but more than a quarter final team as we do have some of the better players in the world, i mean Sweden always do about as good as us and they are generally not as good as us man 4 man imo, so we must be under-performing.

Even though the American players are not as good as England's at playing Football they do have decent/good technique and discipline, i admire that because with that type of discipline and technique they could be capable of causing the odd upset, that is also what England lack imo, discipline and mental strength, England flap under pressure, get nervous and end up conceding. I honestly dont think England would of held out against Spain the way America did, England would of conceded late goals for sure, despite having better defenders, that said i do think we should go further than USA but......
        That's one of the best ways to describe England i've heard.

Comment

• Have we ever been KOed?

Comment

• Manchester City make formal request to Premier League for emergency goalkeeper loan

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/...est-to-premier

I can understand why they would do that. Gunnar Nielsen is terrible.

Comment

• Nielsen is a beast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Šemise View Post
                Nielsen is a beast!
                He is garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
                  He is garbage.
                  He can't be that bad if he's at City.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                    That's one of the best ways to describe England i've heard.
                    Ironically the reason i think we are like that is because we substitute technique and smarts for endeavor and heart on the sleeve mentality, its the same in Boxing, most Brit fighters fight with their heart on their sleeve but lack defense and technique so come up short against the best (elite)fighters.

I think the fact that English sportsmen do have this mentality makes them competitive but ultimately always destined to lose, that type of philosophy only works against lesser teams/fighters, when you step up the opponents can match you mentally and take advantage with their technical superiority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Šemise View Post
                      He can't be that bad if he's at City.
                      Trust me, Gunnar Nielsen is terrible.

Oh, and this thread is almost at 100K views sick

Comment

Working...
                      X