Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight Night on April 27th, 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on this: I didn't get to participate. I have a perpetual calf issue and it did not allow me to progress how I would need to in order to be conditioned enough for the fight. I made an early decision to not participate so they organizers didn't get left hanging towards the end. I then pouted and stopped working out and also I decided to gain some weight. After I did that I started back up again and am hoping to be able to commit and participate in the one that is coming up on December 7th.

Comment

Do this before any spar or shadow boxing, My father use this warm up before punching the bag but i didn't knew that it was also the routine of pac man. Also it will prevent from shoulder injuries and make your arm conditioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cLPpgmG_PE

Comment

Originally posted by Taha93 View Post
        Do this before any spar or shadow boxing, My father use this warm up before punching the bag but i didn't knew that it was also the routine of pac man. Also it will prevent from shoulder injuries and make your arm conditioned.

I do a bit of this now but it seems like a good idea to do even more. Today happens to be a resistance workout and I think I'll end with several rounds of a very light weight with hopes of working my way up in endurance and weight as time goes on. Not to exceed 3 lbs.

Comment

Also it will prevent from shoulder injuries and make your arm conditioned.

This is a given.

Comment

My calf and hamstring were a bit tweaked so I did a version of this yesterday evening. I took "just" a 2 lb weight and did nine sets of one minute arm circles to the front, then 45 seconds off. Then I did nine of those to the side, then as many as I wanted where I did presses, to the front, then side. Basically just time and some movement with them.

I've very happy you linked this as I think I'm going to be working in versions of this from here on out. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Comment

Anytime playa.

Comment

Anytime playa.
                Also it hurt like hell. Exercise hurt.

Comment

It will hurt first but gradually you will enjoy it.

Comment

It will hurt first but gradually you will enjoy it.
                    I generally enjoy the hurt if I feel I'm progressing and moving towards a purpose. I'll probably repeat my same workout a few times to see if it is getting incrementally easier.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
                      I generally enjoy the hurt if I feel I'm progressing and moving towards a purpose. I'll probably repeat my same workout a few times to see if it is getting incrementally easier.
                      Train like Taha and your opponents will leave the ring like Curtis Harper.

Comment

Working...
                      X