Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders Sees Wilder-Fury Unfolding Similar To Fury-Pianeta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    Looool. He would’ve boxed wilder’s ears off.

Klitchko couldn’t pull the trigger because of all tyson’s movements. His rhythm was constantly being disrupted all night.
    He had no reason to be gunshy since Fury doesn’t hit that hard right? Hmm
    he always been gun shy. Have you not followed his career. Most of his kos came against smaller men after he threw 59 jabs and eventually let the right hand go. He's not as effective vs people with the same or a similar size/reach as him.

Comment

No chance Fury wins this

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        he always been gun shy. Have you not followed his career. Most of his kos came against smaller men after he threw 59 jabs and eventually let the right hand go. He's not as effective vs people with the same or a similar size/reach as him.
        How is that fury’s fault then?
        That version of Wlad still beats Wilder imo

Comment

He has low output but always finds a way to win. Against Fury he wasn’t able to do so. I’m not gonna use Wlad’s technique as an excuse why he lost, I’m going to give fury his credit. He fought effectively.

After two years he was then able to make Joshua go thru life and death

Comment

He has low output but always finds a way to win. Against Fury he wasn’t able to do so. I’m not gonna use Wlad’s technique as an excuse why he lost, I’m going to give fury his credit. He fought effectively.

After two years he was then able to make Joshua go thru life and death
            sure fury deserves credit but if a fighter chooses not to take chances or become more aggressive when he notices that his typical boxing style isn't working, that's on him.

Comment

sure fury deserves credit but if a fighter chooses not to take chances or become more aggressive when he notices that his typical boxing style isn't working, that's on him.
              So he lost clearly right??? Wth are we even discussing.
              Don’t you think Fury’s movements and tactics made it difficult for wlad to find a way to win that night?
              He was disrupting his rhythm all night. And making him pay at times that he commits. That’s why he was gunshy, or even more so than usual.
              He was outboxed.

I don’t get the “Fury won, well that’s because Wlad was gunshy” kind of reasoning

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
                Fury will do the same thing he did against Klitchko. The only difference is wlad was way better than wilder
                ... The only difference is that Fury is fat and he lost much of his muscle mass...

Comment

So he lost clearly right??? Wth are we even discussing.
                  Don’t you think Fury’s movements and tactics made it difficult for wlad to find a way to win that night?
                  He was disrupting his rhythm all night. And making him pay at times that he commits. That’s why he was gunshy, or even more so than usual.
                  He was outboxed.

I don’t get the “Fury won, well that’s because Wlad was gunshy” kind of reasoning
                  the debate was, you believe that the version of klitchko that fought fury would beat wilder and I don't agree. Klitchko is historically passive, had just went a full 12 rounds with Bryant Jennings, barely threw punches vs fury. I think Wilders jab and power punching would've kept klitchko passive, especially the nearr 40 yr old version of him who was clearly slowing down.

Comment

the debate was, you believe that the version of klitchko that fought fury would beat wilder and I don't agree. Klitchko is historically passive, had just went a full 12 rounds with Bryant Jennings, barely threw punches vs fury. I think Wilders jab and power punching would've kept klitchko passive, especially the nearr 40 yr old version of him who was clearly slowing down.
                    Like I said I’d even pick the Wlad that fought Aj over Wilder today. Wlad, even late in his career is too technically sound and discipline to beat Wilder. Unlike Fury, Wilder is not as much if a mover to negate what Wlad will do, and well, he’s sometimes passive too himself. Wlad will have the better Jab and defense. And wilder willy rely on his power to change the outcome again.
                    Klitchko doesn’t overextend himself and leaves himself unbalance and that’ll make it difficult for Wilder to land his money punch.

Styles make fights. Fury beats Wlad because of movement and speed. Wlad beats wilder because of great fundamentals, defense, patience and right amount of power to keep you honest.
                    Even Wlad and Josh could’ve still gone either way!

But okayyy agree to disagree.

Comment

And how did he manage to pull the trigger 2 years later and almost KOed Joshua?? Hmmm

Suddenly its magic?
                      Klitchko of old (five years earlier) would have landed many punches on Joshua and took him out early. The one big punch doesn't invalidate my statement. Louis hit Marciano at times and Hopkins was landing on smith but neither Louis or Hopkins had the reflexes they had in earlier years of their careers. If you are looking for absolutes in all statements you'll never find them.

Comment

Working...
                      X