Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Or Will Canelo go back to his old style after GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    ^Yes. That's probably the biggest question of the fight. One thing I notice about Sanchez fighters is that they follow I his instruction pretty rigidly. GG's success in this one may live or die on Sanchez's gamelan. They played it real conservatively in the first one. Probably can't afford to do that again.

Canelo would be a fool not to PUNISH the body this time. GG is at that age where he's probably going to be real susceptible to it. Plus, he's reacted the few times I've seen fighters land to his body before. He fights a bit hunched over, maybe to protect it. If Canelo sets up counters that open up the body, I bet he hurts him.

Both are brutal body punchers so we'll have to see who folds first.
    Very Bizarre for a body puncher in the biggest fight of career to headhunt the entire fight. Especially when the guy slows down and start laying on ropes.

Makes no sense at all

Comment

I think he will stand his ground more and go forward and attack more. He says he is going for a KO and I believe him. I think GGG will be the one to get the KO. Canelo is a hard puncher but GGG is a true KO artist with a history of KOing tough middleweights who have never been KOed before. Canelo failed to KO Cotto, Trout, Lara and Mosley. GGG would flatten all of them. Canelo is a sharp accurate puncher who hits with speed and power. GGG is the killer puncher in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
        Very Bizarre for a body puncher in the biggest fight of career to headhunt the entire fight. Especially when the guy slows down and start laying on ropes.

Makes no sense at all
        Canelo wasn't open to the body to be honest. Jacobs was, but then again Jacobs was open everywhere, Golovkin just felt the need to be overly cautious there, Canelo on the other hand is really not open anywhere, less so to the body and mainly just to the jab to the head, he's got very good defense and he's strong as an ox so it's hard to hurt him, if he does come in smaller and weaker for the rematch, that task will be a little easier to accomplish.

Comment

Working...
        X