Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Reveals $99.99 Yearly Plan, Monthly Increase to $19.99

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
    Hit us with good ol' Business 101 Bait and Switch. I subscribed early so im good until march 2020. But honestly it doesnt even bother me I knew it was coming and 100$ a year to see all the boxing that I want? Ill pay that no problem.
    Basically this.

There are many consumers that just pay up front for a good deal. If boxing aficionados pay $80 for one event, then these same types will go for a year package. It's a no brainer. Plus DAZN subscribers want Sports content, not Game of Thrones or Showtime gay dramas.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
      It’s a no brainer after they charged $75 for 4 mismatches on Saturday.
      For slightly more then the normal price for 1 PPV you get boxing for a entire year at 99.99 cheaper then then 9.99 per month. This is basically 19.99 if you want to order ONLY Canelo's fight less then 1/3 the price his PPV used to cost. Or if you a boxing fan and watch all year it costs you about 8 bucks a month. No clue why anyone should be upset here especially if you like boxing it's a great deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by guyver8 View Post
        True, although people genuinely interested in all those fights might as well pay the full $100 for the year.
        Tell me how DAZN is a great deal.

Prime- $9/month
        Hulu- $12/month ad free
        Netflix- $16/month for the top package
        Showtime- $11/month
        HBO- $15/month
        ESPN+- $5/month

It's the most expensive streaming service in the US with the least amount of content

Comment

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          We can ask this same thing to people who cry about PPV
          If you bought the PPV from Wilder Fury through Crawfkrd Khan it's about 4 years worth of DAZN. And you got one good fight with Wilder vs Fury.

Comment

• I already got dazn. I dumped showtime years ago. dazn is the place for boxing fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              They are going to keep rising those rates.
              I think so too. Especially if the majority of the customers buy only the fights they want to see and then cancel afterwards. A million buys at $20 (for individual fights) or a million buys at $75 a pop ppv tells you all you need to know lol

So if Canelo does 1 million buys at $20 that is $20 million.

If Wilder does 325k ppv buys (again) at $75 that is $24 million and change with less buys but yet is more revenue.

DAZN will eventually go up in price unless they make up the difference in other areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                This new generation of consumerism was established years ago. Mobile phone technology and smart TV infrastructure continues to grow. You've got kids or teens pressing BUY buttons for coins or points to go to the level.

DAZN app is the smartest thing yet. It will continue to grow massively. the smart phone era is so convenient. DAZN knows what to do.

I stream DAZN from a mobile device to my Apple TV hub. That's a different protocol than standardized Smart TV functions

Prime- $9/month
                Hulu- $12/month ad free
                Showtime- $11/month
                HBO- $15/month
                ESPN+- $5/month

It's the most expensive streaming service in the US with the least amount of content

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Prime- $9/month
                  Hulu- $12/month ad free
                  Showtime- $11/month
                  HBO- $15/month
                  ESPN+- $5/month

Damn, I have every one of those with DAZN on top of a $130 cable/internet bill. Time to start cancelling some stuff. Showtime and espn plus are the first 2 to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Prime- $9/month
                    Hulu- $12/month ad free
                    Showtime- $11/month
                    HBO- $15/month
                    ESPN+- $5/month

They will be adding to the content.
                    At least that’s what they’re saying. Plus again I view this as paying for the normal 2 ppv’s a year I paid for Nelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                      Good call turning down 15m to fight for 7m

Good call in turning down 100m to fight for less than 5m lol
                      Sources for those Wilder purses???? Or are you just another Matchroom zombie repeating whatever Eddie and the other Matchroom zombies say?

Because there is literally zero chance that Wilder turned down DAZN's $20M offer for Breazeale to take less than $5M from Showtime. Seemed like Espinoza made that clear when he said something like loyalty doesn't mean you take a discount from the market rate.

Comment

Working...
                      X