How would canelo do vs the guys Fernando Vargas fought at 25 n younger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would canelo do vs the guys Fernando Vargas fought at 25 n younger

Vargas had an exciting yet short career

wasnt afraid to fight the best....he did have drug issues but he did have a decorated amatuer career and won some titles so obviously he had skills

H9ow would Canelo have fared vs ODLH, TITO, WINKY WRIGHT, QUARTEY, YORI BOY CAMPOS, AND RAUL MARQUEZ

Vargas is my dude but Canelo is a way more well rounded fighter than he was.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      would he have beat Tito, ODLH, QUARTEY, WRIGHT etc? I doubt Canelo would beat all those guys...Canelo is well rounded but head to head I think Vargas would have outworked him and forced him to fight instead of just in spurts

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Vargas had an exciting yet short career

wasnt afraid to fight the best....he did have drug issues but he did have a decorated amatuer career and won some titles so obviously he had skills

H9ow would Canelo have fared vs ODLH, TITO, WINKY WRIGHT, QUARTEY, YORI BOY CAMPOS, AND RAUL MARQUEZ
        He'd win a close one against Oscar. They're similar as both infrequently win convincingly. Difference is Oscar is a known choker who blows it often unlike Alvarez.

Winky beats him.

Bazooka pounds his face all night with the jab.

Him vs Tito would be fun.

Comment

He's career would be over short just like Vargas

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Vargas was the better fighter IMO.

I get what the threadstarter is doing and I actually like it but even with them both being 25 fighting wise they are a different 25.

Vargas really fought in the amateur ranks while Canelo was a pro at 15. Amateurs and pros have different goals in fights because of how they are scored. Also in the amateurs you don't get to pick and choose who you fight and when. So Vargas was exposed to more styles IMO.

With all that said Canelo still can never be considered a green fighter after 40 fights. That makes no sense.

Canelo would probably win some and lose some.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
              I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Vargas was the better fighter IMO.

I get what the threadstarter is doing and I actually like it but even with them both being 25 fighting wise they are a different 25.

Vargas really fought in the amateur ranks while Canelo was a pro at 15. Amateurs and pros have different goals in fights because of how they are scored. Also in the amateurs you don't get to pick and choose who you fight and when. So Vargas was exposed to more styles IMO.

With all that said Canelo still can never be considered a green fighter after 40 fights. That makes no sense.

Canelo would probably win some and lose some.
              That was one of the worst excuses in recent memory....in no sport can a guy with 7 years experience and 40 matches be considered green...only when he loses to someone you dont like I GUESS LOL

Canelo was a seasoned pro by the time he was 22-23.....Vargas was an amatuer, its great foundation but doesnt do all is needed to prepare for the pros

They balance each other out.....Canelo had more pro experience....EL Feroz had more amatuer experience but fought tougher competition early on

Canelo would do well vs Quartey and try to counter bazooka's jab.....Canelo isnt busy enough for the other guys

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                He'd win a close one against Oscar. They're similar as both infrequently win convincingly. Difference is Oscar is a known choker who blows it often unlike Alvarez.

Winky beats him.

Bazooka pounds his face all night with the jab.

Him vs Tito would be fun.
                people seem to underrate ODLH on this site..he fought most of his elite opponents in or near their prime....Mosley, Trinidad, Vargas, castillejo etc

Oscar had a great jab, had faster hands than canelo and better footwork and movement

I think he'd beat Canelo clearly.....The guys that troubled ODLH were faster guys with decent footspeed and defense.

Canelo is a cement footed counterpuncher.

ODLH would outjab, outwork and outfight Canelo....under that pretty boy exterior was a warrior in DLH

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  That was one of the worst excuses in recent memory....in no sport can a guy with 7 years experience and 40 matches be considered green...only when he loses to someone you dont like I GUESS LOL

Canelo was a seasoned pro by the time he was 22-23.....Vargas was an amatuer, its great foundation but doesnt do all is needed to prepare for the pros

They balance each other out.....Canelo had more pro experience....EL Feroz had more amatuer experience but fought tougher competition early on

Canelo would do well vs Quartey and try to counter bazooka's jab.....Canelo isnt busy enough for the other guys
                  It was the Winky Wright and Quartey fights I really had trouble with deciding. Canelo isn't the type to swarm so he is kind of playing into both of their hands.

Can for sure agree with the bold.

Comment

I think I Winky, Oscar, Tito and Quartey all beat him.

Comment

Working...
                    X