Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't they make an operating system thats exactly like Windows interface but like

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't they make an operating system thats exactly like Windows interface but like

Linux, so it doesn't get viruses and all that other crap? It's weird, Windows even slows down and freezes for a second even when i just reinstalled windows and no viruses, spyware are even on it. Yet on Linux, nothing ever slows down. The browser doesn't freeze up for a quick second, and Linux seems to boot up quicker aswell.

I tried downloading themes for Linux, and its not the same. The themes do not make it look exactly like windows interface.

You can't have a system that welcomes 3rd party programs and want to be completely virus free. It's simply impossible.

That's honestly why Linux doesn't have even a third of the virus issues Windows has. Because 3rd party programs are not welcomed.

I am not a computer genius. I know some about computers but it's mostly basics or barely above basic. This is what I understand the differences between the two.

So pretty much what your asking for is like: "I want a gun with the stopping power of a barett 50 cal but with the recoil of a .22 LR."

impossible. not until we uncover more alien tech at least.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      You can't have a system that welcomes 3rd party programs and want to be completely virus free. It's simply impossible.

That's honestly why Linux doesn't have even a third of the virus issues Windows has. Because 3rd party programs are not welcomed.

I am not a computer genius. I know some about computers but it's mostly basics or barely above basic. This is what I understand the differences between the two.

So pretty much what your asking for is like: "I want a gun with the stopping power of a barett 50 cal but with the recoil of a .22 LR."

impossible. not until we uncover more alien tech at least.
      Apple has 3rd party programs and is virus free. The reason Windows isn't doing the same is because there are a lot of anti spyware and anti virus programs that make a lot of money in junction with Windows. Norton Anti Virus is one out of thousands, Norton even comes equipped with Windows. It is all about money.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        Apple has 3rd party programs and is virus free. The reason Windows isn't doing the same is because there are a lot of anti spyware and anti virus programs that make a lot of money in junction with Windows. Norton Anti Virus is one out of thousands, Norton even comes equipped with Windows. It is all about money.
        It's not even just that tho, Windows loads things slower then Linux even when 0 viruses are on Windows. When I'm on a Linux browser, it does freeze once. Nothing ever freezes on Linux. The only thing I notice is that when I'm installing some stuff like themes on Linux it sometimes takes a long time to load themes up for whatever reason that is. Like its installing certain themes and takes long to install them.

Comment

Working...
        X