most unbeatable fighter of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    you are clutching at straws.

yes.ali should logically should now be the 'unbeatable' guy.

but you know what i mean.

foreman was the monster. the guy everbody thougt would brutalize ali.

he's nothing like any fighter today. none of them has that aura.

foreman was the most unbeatable fighter and still is. maybe sonny liston in in the conversation too. and that includes mike tyson.
    LOL I ain't clutching at anything. I'm legit trying to understand wtf you are saying. Saying 1974 Foreman is the most unbeatable guy you've seen is like someone saying 1990 Tyson is the most unbeatable guy they've seen.

Hell man several Floyd years are better than any Foreman year. Foreman was on that Wilder schedule for most of his career then did really well with a couple big names then sh^t the bed vs Ali & in a few of his fights after Ali til he was retired at 28. Sweet Pea had some really good unbeatable years too.

Idk about any HW being in the running for this. HW is too volatile since guys got such big power & HW are among the least skillful pro boxers out there.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      Finito Lopez who in fact never lost a fight.
      This is a great answer. Ricardo was among my favorite lil guys when he fought & I still believe him to be among the most technically strong boxers I've seen. Cats learning how to box should watch his fights. He for sure had some unbeatable years where no one was on his level.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        LOL I ain't clutching at anything. I'm legit trying to understand wtf you are saying. Saying 1974 Foreman is the most unbeatable guy you've seen is like someone saying 1990 Tyson is the most unbeatable guy they've seen.

Hell man several Floyd years are better than any Foreman year. Foreman was on that Wilder schedule for most of his career then did really well with a couple big names then sh^t the bed vs Ali & in a few of his fights after Ali til he was retired at 28. Sweet Pea had some really good unbeatable years too.

Idk about any HW being in the running for this. HW is too volatile since guys got such big power & HW are among the least skillful pro boxers out there.
        1990 tyson is also one of the most unbreatable guys too.

the fact that he got beaten doesn't change that.

i get you tho.

how can he be unbeatable since he got beaten?

well, his opponent had to fight the perfect fight and be 100% perfect when they fought him. not 99.9%. 100%.

'unbeatable' is just an expression.

of course anybody can be beaten. but 1974 foreman is the closest to unbeaten i've seen.

it took a truly special fighter to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          This is a great answer. Ricardo was among my favorite lil guys when he fought & I still believe him to be among the most technically strong boxers I've seen. Cats learning how to box should watch his fights. He for sure had some unbeatable years where no one was on his level.
          Yeah the guy is perfection in some ways. Almost the ideal style in terms of fundamentals, etc. Guy literally never lost a fight...pro OR amateur.

Incredible boxer

Comment

Garbage decisions aside, at lightweight Pernell Whitaker was unbeatable.

Comment

The only way you can be unbeatable is to carefully manage who you fight and when you fight them.

Comment

It's always been Sugar Ray Robinson. He has practically no weakness in his game. You can only hope that he shows up in his off-night to have a chance against him.

Ray's footwork is magnificent, Ali caught this and fine tune it in his own way.

Sugar Ray can knock you out while moving backward or forward with equally devastating result. His secret weapon is he can generate knockout power in a mere 6" of a distance. Joe Louis had also this ability, with 12" distance, Joe will put the lights off on you.

Ray is also a physical specimen, taller, longer than most of his opponent.

His only disadvantage is that you hope to catch him while being overly aggressive that way he is not paying too much attention to his defense because he is coming to get your head off. But then again, Ray has a great chin too. So you better KTFO him out Pacquiao vs Marquez style to make sure he wouldn't survive and knock you out in the process.

Ray can dominate you with power and finesse. He can out box you all night and he can also end you in round 1. The myth was true,--- he was the most perfect fighter ever existed in this sport.

Comment

SRR was as good as it gets. But his resume isn’t loaded with great wins.

Leonard beat Benitez, Hearns, Duran and Hagler. Where does Robinson stack up against that?

He doesn't. It’s easier to look unbeatable against white brawlers.

Hearns not so much.

Comment

Ricardo "El Finito Lopez & Money Mayweather.

Comment

Pacman from beating barrera

Comment

Working...
                      X