No announcement yet.

Word on the street is Skipper isn't to pleased with Mr. Eduardo Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
    I do not think some of you understand how bad Dazn is going.

Dazn is not taking over. In fact when less than 87k watched Canelo even though it was free that is a major problem. Millennials are the typical streaming customer base. US millennials are not boxing fans. Boxing fans in America are typical over 35 the vast majority.

Dazn is not taking over Brits.
    You seem to think DAZN is some brit v USA thing. Get a grip we cant even get it over here. We only want it to succeed cuz people like arum, finkel, haymon and the networks are ****ting all over the sport we love.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      Dazn could potentially be the perfect bridge between TR /Haymon and everyone else. They have no problem throwing $ at Fighters. If they did that to make PPV quality fights even if it was a one off it’d get fighters wanting to go there and fans wanting to sign up ,
      Idk about ANYONE being the bridge between TR lol. TR seems to prefer being the main player on their own island than venturing off it. And their island & control just got bigger with the ESPN deal so they are probably happy as clams with their current situation.

I do suspect that not only could & will PBC & DAZN work together in the near future with specific fights I think they could be great partners in the distant future if PBC doesn't get some huge deal with Fox after their current 6(?) year deal is up. The future IS streaming regardless if DAZN ultimately ends up being the ESPN Sports of streaming or the HBO Boxing of streaming. So if the current deal doesn't parlay PBC into a bigger deal it wouldn't be shocking to me if PBC enters the streaming game at that point.

And in 2025ish I suspect the streaming plarform wars might be starting up or in play so money is gonna be getting thrown around like we've never seen for live content & the customizability of streaming content might be more of a thing finally to entice the broadcast fanboys/non-cord cutters to final dip their toe in the pool cuz the water is fine.

Comment

Don’t worry boys!

WAR DAZN!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Anyone arguing Hearn has done a good job for DAZN isn't paying attention or too much of a Hearn fanboy.

I'm a huge proponent of DAZN as a concept. I think streaming is the future. I think a sports app like this has potential to become a scary competitor to all the broadcast sports channels not just boxing competition. And just looking at the rep of Hearn in the UK along with doing business with GBP, the WBSS & the recent GGG deal its hard to argue on paper they aren't the new HBO. The new king of boxing.

The reality however is is Hearn's US shows have almost exclusively been trash & none have held much appeal thus far. The upcoming Joshua vs Big Baby card is gonna be his biggest show by a mile.

Hearn hasn't held up his end of the bargain regardless if this rumor stuff is true or not. And sh^t man I'm ultimately a Eddie fan cuz the guy has done great work in the UK & he's the #1 reason I pay more attention to UK domestic level & below boxing like never before. So I kinda can be objective about my disappointment with Hearn's US shows by sharing the blame with DAZN in the first place in putting a guy so unfamiliar with US boxing in charge of DAZN's US facing boxing product.

It was a risky move on day 1 & it looks like a horribly dumb move now. DAZN needs to let GBP be the main US promoter & let Oscar do what he's done with a high level of success with less money already unlike Eddie. Let Eddie learn the process in the US & give him time to grow in the US. His reach has greatly exceeded his grasp in the US.

Eff good post as always
          Now I agree to disagree
          Your absolutely right about Dazn starting to sound like the old ( lol ) Home Box Office
          With good old Oscar fighting and promoting on the old HBO
          I do agree and pretty sure Skipper or who ever the fugh is dropping the coin for the oligarch will agree that Oscar is the right person to bring the Dazn over the top
          Now to bring the point of streaming , I’m an older guy and so are you , I just don’t see the streaming takin over untill all television is based on streaming , hold on , let me explain , I cheat when it comes to watching tv and I find it a pain in the azz already
          So given that , we gotta already get the casual to follow but not only that , now we gotta convince him to go online and purchase this streaming new “HBO “
          Then explain to him that he can stream it on tv or phone or tablet etc et+
          Personally , I think the best way to get the casuals back in the game is by having it on the four major networks , of course if available
          Anyway that’s a whole other topic
          Last but not least , the AJ vs Miller fight , imo , will do very well only because of the curiosity of the casual fan who witnessed or saw the Wilder vs Fury clash believing the next step is unification of some sort
          Personally I believe Hearn didn’t do his homework well
          Not saying he will or won’t succeed , but just took too much on his plate
          I’m of Italian descent , so we never spoke of our laundry , the laundry was always done in the home
          Kind of like business , good business is always done behind a closed door , and Eddy has hit the American market all wrong imo , which would be by doing his business on social media or trying to

Not sure if I explained myself well , I hope so cause I ain’t no hater or hugger , just a casual boxing fan who’s bought those $1000 tickets and flown to see my casual sport

And to all those who didn’t get me , as Axl said , step in the ring mofo and I’ll kick your biatchy little azz

Yeah that’s it .

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
            You seem to think DAZN is some brit v USA thing. Get a grip we cant even get it over here. We only want it to succeed cuz people like arum, finkel, haymon and the networks are ****ting all over the sport we love.

Brother , if it ain’t them , their will be someone else
            The sport started corrupt and will finish corrupt
            I don’t care if it’s Brit or American , there is just to much coin involved
            Unless they decide to regulate the sport the way of other leagues ( which personally I think all fughin sports are fixed ) it will always get people disagreeing from nationality to the color of trunks , if you get what I mean

Comment

What was the moment that made you get rid of DAZN?

I can't envision getting rid of it cuz while that $20/mo price change would definitely make me think about if I wanted to keep it if that was their only option based on the value I'm getting the fact that they just made a deal that's ultimately cheaper ($100/yr) than what I was paying (saving $20/a year now) the value in seeing prospects I'd rarely be getting to see is to great.

GBP has Canelo & has some prospects I'm really into like Ortiz Jr most notably. Plus to me as long as the WBSS is putting together tournaments like they are putting on I think they are must watch TV for hardcore fans even if none of the divisions this year have me as excited as the divisions last year.
              Not enough quality boxing to keep me interested.

A ridiculous boxing analyst show I was only able to watch a few seconds of and while the 20 doesn’t break me, I don’t just throw away my money either.

Not enough quality boxing to keep me interested.

What happened to the 140 WBSS?

I was excited for it and after the first rd nothing.

The Linares and Machado upsets were awesome, but they were such huge mismatches theoretically going in, The match making could be better.

I would love to see the rematches though.

Comment

Idk about ANYONE being the bridge between TR lol. TR seems to prefer being the main player on their own island than venturing off it. And their island & control just got bigger with the ESPN deal so they are probably happy as clams with their current situation.

I do suspect that not only could & will PBC & DAZN work together in the near future with specific fights I think they could be great partners in the distant future if PBC doesn't get some huge deal with Fox after their current 6(?) year deal is up. The future IS streaming regardless if DAZN ultimately ends up being the ESPN Sports of streaming or the HBO Boxing of streaming. So if the current deal doesn't parlay PBC into a bigger deal it wouldn't be shocking to me if PBC enters the streaming game at that point.

And in 2025ish I suspect the streaming plarform wars might be starting up or in play so money is gonna be getting thrown around like we've never seen for live content & the customizability of streaming content might be more of a thing finally to entice the broadcast fanboys/non-cord cutters to final dip their toe in the pool cuz the water is fine.
                PBC is already in the streaming game. Both FOX and Showtime have OTT services.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                  Spoken like a true champ!

Comment

It is an interesting dynamic for sure. Hearn was hired before Skipper. No doubt DAZN probably expected more big names from Hearn, but getting Skipper was big time. As I said the day he got hired, dude is a deal maker and a flat out closer. And we have seen him go out and orchestrate the Canelo and GGG signings. He also was the guy trying to get the Wilder deal done, which he still may end up getting done in the future.

Hearn has burned some bridges since he's come stateside but he's started to do some things better IMO. I LOVE the type of prospects he is signing now and he's stopped attacking other fighters/promoters/advisors in the media. That is a clear directive from Skipper or the top dogs at DAZN in all likelihood. It's not rocket science, but they badly need Joshua/Wilder on DAZN. That along with Canelo/GGG III are the two true game changers for DAZN that would attract the most subscribers.

I know Hearn just a few weeks back was saying look, if we get Wilder then it's pretty much game over for the rest of the networks. That is obviously the signing they want to make the most as they probably feel if Wilder comes on aboard, than it makes it easier for other PBC to jump ships. For the time being that didn't happen and now Haymon will be selling to the other PBC fighters the success of Spence/Garcia and will tell them that could be you. There's a bunch of games within games being played by all these networks. If DAZN is upset, it is because they probably felt they could have cornered the boxing market until they started to bid for other sports leagues. DAZN wanted to be THE biggest and really only show in America. Even with Canelo that hasn't happened yet. And as stated, I'm sure they were expecting more subscribers at this point, but let's wait until after the Canelo/Jacobs fight and eventually Canelo/GGG III if both fighters win their next fights to see where DAZN is at.

Comment

Of course not.

Skipper should have never let that loud mouth be the middle man with PBC fighters. Maybe they would have got more of them to make the jump to DAZN.

Comment

Working...
                      X