Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rehydration clause for Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it's a big problem at all and if he doesn't feel good he's probably gonna skip it or come in a bit overweight and pay the fine, he's making a lot of money anyways.

He did it in his last fight though so I don't get why it should be a problem now. I think from the first weigh in till the 2nd, where u have like a 12 hour window, 10 lbs is enough and maybe 4-5 pounds after that in the 12 hour window between the 2nd weigh in and the fight and he's gonna be where he normally is at fight time. Main thing is that he gets a good night of sleep and maybe take a 2 hour nap or so after the 2nd weigh in and everything should be fine. No excuses if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      i heard on espn deportes that it was 500k per pound...
      I hard it was $300k/per lb, but I forgot where I heard it lol. Probably a podcast.

But either way its a nice chunk of change.

Comment

Besides, if you take a look at what 10 lbs actually are and let's assume he has 2 meals after the first weigh in, one big right after the weigh in and one small before he goes to bed, these 2 meals could be 3-4 lbs in total, which is actually a lot of freaking food, and 6-7 lbs of Gatorade/water/IV, which is like 3 liters or 0.8 Gallons, which is really a lot for that time period.

All of this is assuming that all of that stays in the body which never happens, the body burns up a bit of that food especially if you're in a good shape, your digestive system will process the food and get rid of a significant portion of it by the 2nd weigh in (the good ol morning dump) and the kidneys will create urine and get rid of some water weight again too. Sweat and CO2 exhalation during night sleep will get rid of some lbs too.

So he can actually consume like 12+ lbs of food and water after the first weigh in and still make weight for the 2nd weigh in. Then he can still have a solid breakfast right after the 2nd weigh in, a solid lunch at like 2 and have like 2 liters of Gatorade/water/IV and com in there as high as 175 and he'll still look and perform well physically.

The real fight is now and has been going on for the past 8-10 weeks, which is getting down to 160 lbs from 180+ and that's almost done and he looked very good up until the last time we saw him some hours ago, no mood swings or nothing, he works with pros who know what they're doing and has been for all his recent fights and he seems to be a very disciplined balanced guy, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Comment

lol Canelo haters already making excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
            Love how someone else's problem is so expectable to you lol.
            Not sure what you're attempting to say here. The 2nd day weigh-in will not prevent Jacobs from reaching his normal in-the-ring weight, which is normally in the high 170s-180; it may require him to arise earlier than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I hard it was $300k/per lb, but I forgot where I heard it lol. Probably a podcast.

It's 100k per lb.

Comment

It better matter to Jacobs that all I know. If not he's going to be paying 200k per lb.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

per TVAzteca it is $100k and also Hern said he will pay whatever is needed for jacobs to feel comftarble... the weigh in will be at 8:00 AM...

Comment

If the fine is $100K per pound that was dumb on GBP’s part. Why even have it? If it is in fact $100K per pound I’m sure Jacobs will happily pay it because if he wins he will make a lot of money in future earnings. What’s a few hundred thousand dollars to potentially tens of millions?

Comment

he signed the contract.. so why is he btching?

Comment

Working...
                      X