Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Machado Still Wants Cancio Rematch, Keeps Close Eye on Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Machado Still Wants Cancio Rematch, Keeps Close Eye on Weight

The coming days will be decisive for the future of Puerto Rican junior lightweight Alberto "El Explosivo" Machado. The representatives of the former World Boxing Association (WBA) "regular" 130 pound champion will talk with the executives of Golden Boy Promotions to discuss the viability of Machado facing for the second time Andrew "El Chango" Cancio, who beat the Boricua by knockout back in February.
    [Click Here To Read More]

i think cancio wins the rematch, too. dude knows what he can do. he aint goin back to almost.

Comment

Originally posted by ceylon mooney View Post
      i think cancio wins the rematch, too. dude knows what he can do. he aint goin back to almost.
      Was never very impressed by Machado he got lucky with Corrales but he did look like a weight drained fighter that night.Not sure what to think of rematch don't see him making 130 much easier this time but if he can would prob pick him to win this.Have to see how fast he goes for water after weigh in and how much he drinks to get at least a clue.

Comment

Cancio was so determined to win and he won.

He took everything Machado offered and knocked him out.

Cancio will win the rematch.

Comment

Just move up to 135! Why take the risk of having him come back to 130, when there are good fights @ 135? Let him move up, and fight Linares, then Ryan Garcia, or Romero Duno (19-1 w/ 15KOs), and go from there! Machado is 5'10"! He's not built for 130! No grown man (28 years old), at 5'10", she be trying to make 130lbs.!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Just move up to 135! Why take the risk of having him come back to 130, when there are good fights @ 135? Let him move up, and fight Linares, then Ryan Garcia, or Romero Duno (19-1 w/ 15KOs), and go from there! Machado is 5'10"! He's not built for 130! No grown man (28 years old), at 5'10", she be trying to make 130lbs.!
            I get that and maybe you're right, but it everything is true ( he did look weak that night ) then why not get a chance to avenge that defeat before you move up especially if you truly believe you are the better fighter of the 2. That way you also show the people that what happened that night wasn't the real you.

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
              I get that and maybe you're right, but it everything is true ( he did look weak that night ) then why not get a chance to avenge that defeat before you move up especially if you truly believe you are the better fighter of the 2. That way you also show the people that what happened that night wasn't the real you.
              What the cost of vengeance? That's a big guy to be making 130! He looks bigger than Linares @ 135! Go fight Linares! Probably a bigger event than Cancio!

Comment

Win rematch then fight Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  What the cost of vengeance? That's a big guy to be making 130! He looks bigger than Linares @ 135! Go fight Linares! Probably a bigger event than Cancio!
                  Vengeance can also be a mental thing. I think if he can make 130 healthy for one more fight then he should do it and after the fight then move up.

Comment

I say throw Machado in with Teofimo Lopez.

135 is a better weight and Machado has the build for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X