Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woods believes Hopkins can be positive spokesman for African-American ex-cons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woods believes Hopkins can be positive spokesman for African-American ex-cons

Pretty good point by Michael Woods in his article, Hopkins was able to rehab himself unlike many criminals he never went back and eats clean and lives a clean lifestyle and avoids any trouble, he cut ties from those hoods he once knew and never looked back. Hopkins reminds me of actor Charles S Dutton who cleaned his life up as well.

I've said this before, I think Hopkins post ring career can be THE spokesman for the African-American man who has done time and doesn't want to repeat that experience. Blacks make up over 1 million of the 2.3 million plus who are locked up, and America holds 25% of the incarcerated, though it has only 5% of the world's population. Yes, Hopkins might well be able to pull in a bigger audience, and do more good, post boxing.
    http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...ance-armstrong

has he taken random drug tests?

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
      has he taken random drug tests?
      He doesn't drink or do drugs, the guy doesn;t even eat candies or drink soda.

I wish I had that discipline, but I guess when you have the money he has you can buy the best freshest fish and fruits and veggies you want.

Comment

Of course bhop would be a great role model to anyone stuck in a life of crime. I would really hope Hopkins will make some kind of effort of getting boxing programs back into prisons, as I don't think there are many left. If prison didn't have that available to Hopkins all those years ago, who knows how his life would have turned out.

Comment

B hop is doing something great in boxing and fighting at 49 even though most of his young opponents are tailor made for him its still impressive, yet he has no endorsements he should really be making 10-20 million a year in endorsements, its pretty sad though, that Lance Armstrong who was an arrogant, bully, cheater and liar got millions while B hop just fights for 3-4 million a fight on HBO and has no endorsements from organic food companies or athletic apparel or any other big name company.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            B hop is doing something great in boxing and fighting at 49 even though most of his young opponents are tailor made for him its still impressive, yet he has no endorsements he should really be making 10-20 million a year in endorsements, its pretty sad though, that Lance Armstrong who was an arrogant, bully, cheater and liar got millions while B hop just fights for 3-4 million a fight on HBO and has no endorsements from organic food companies or athletic apparel or any other big name company.
            Its been said that Hopkins has made some very good investments with his money. He also isn't apart of the "bling bling" culture and doesn't waste his money on stupid stufg.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Its been said that Hopkins has made some very good investments with his money. He also isn't apart of the "bling bling" culture and doesn't waste his money on stupid stufg.
              Yeah the guy is very tight with his money, he also doesn't womanize this guys has some amazing self control and mental strength, this is why he is a rarity, most ex cons go back to prison or wind up dead beats.

Chrysler or Chevy or some really American car company should have signed him up as a spokesperson, they should have used him and his story on a superbowl commercial instead of Eminem.

Comment

Let's have a fanatical closed fist racist as a role model. Pathetic!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  Yeah that kinda hurts his standing though with endorsers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    he's actually a great role model and prison deterrent.

The man was a serial rapist in prison who was nicknamed soapy or suds.

"Kids dont go to jail or people like me will violently **** rape you."

-Bernard "Soapy" Hopkins

He's a one man scared straight program.

Comment

Working...
                    X