Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Lomachenko such a huge favorite over Walters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walters is being sold short here, I think Loma wins but I expect Walters to have some big moments.

Comment

Lomachenko easy work ; might even get the KO. Walters only gone 12 rounds being overweight on the scales for the first time as a pro followed by a draw then close to a year lay off......Loma got half the rounds that Walter has in 28 pro fights going into his eighth professional bout moreover Chenko has 6 championship fights vs. Walters 5 -- watchooo thawh? I can never lose. I told ya'll Lomachenko bet dat.

Comment

Walters has the name opponents But Darch is at best a good flyweight. Donaire is overblown at featherweight. Those two are maxed out at feather.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          Agree, those odds are ridiculous. I can absolutely see Walters dominate the fight using his jab and reach.
          You can always count on books odds than random people on a forum. If Loma is a 10/1 fav I would listen to them that he's that much better than Walters. Im into the Loma hype and only way I see Walters win is him catching Loma with something big.

Comment

Loma's got the skillz that killz but Walters' got a puncher's chance.

Comment

Because Bob Arum rigged it so that Lomanchenko will fight Pacquiao and dumb pinoys will still buy it.

Comment

I got no problem with loma, but i think walters pulls the upset here. Please just no robberies.

Comment

I would not be surprised one bit if Walters pulls it off. He hits hard and can be tricky himself.

Comment

Oddsmakers set the odds based on who they think will get the most bets. Keep in mind that they're catering to the casual observer, not a hardcore fan who knows the insides and outs of the sport. If a casual fan saw Walters on paper they'd see a guy that went to a draw with Jason Sosa and who hasn't fought in 11 months vs. a champion who is coming off a huge KO a few months ago. They feel Lomachenko has more momentum behind him and more people will bet on him. It doesn't mean he's necessarily the better fighter of the two.

Comment

10-1 seems very high...

Loma should be the favorite but not a huge favorite

But you have to remember that oddsmakers sets odds trying to get 50/50 money on both sides and not a true indicator of what's going to happen

Comment

Working...
                      X