Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Tweet from the guy who runs the Boxing Asylum site:

Kurt_Ward28 ‏@************
    Apparently Vazquez hasn't been paid what he believes he is owed. Expect Warren to blame it on "Visa problems" #boxing

There's a thread on ESB about it as well where that version of events seems to be backed up. Still just rumour though.
    This is definitely a different problem as prior reported. Before they said Vazquez wasn't happy with his purse. Going by that tweet, it seems like they haven't paid him whatever they need to pay him. Maybe traveling expenses? Not sure how it works.

Comment

Saw this post on the ESB thread. No idea how authentic it is but just for the sake of fueling the rumour:

Take it for what its worth but this is what somebody sent me today.

"saw your thread on ESB I hear the fight is off. just heard that the money on off to vazquez wasnt enough. apparently he will fight in mexico instead. I think frrank wants to do the old bait and switch. Vasquez injured or visa problems. vazquez's side were not happy with the money offered. Dean Powell is going mental. It may have been agreed but the money was never in place. i think vazquez's people were expecting to get offered more cash to go to the UK"

Comment

They were complaining about expenses the first time, from what I remember. That shouldn't have been an ongoing problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Saw this post on the ESB thread. No idea how authentic it is but just for the sake of fueling the rumour:
          There's pics of him signing the contract wtf... Now pics are not even good enough for proof. I guess it couldve just been some piece of paper with writing on it, if this whole rumor is true.

Comment

Does anybody know what th agreed upon purses were

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
              They were complaining about expenses the first time, from what I remember. That shouldn't have been an ongoing problem.
              Why expenses could there be that would jeopardize the fight? Maybe it was states in the contacts that warren would pay for travel and hotels but somehow backed out

Comment

is Vazquez the new Donaire trying everything under the sun to get out of a dangerous fight. Well if it doesn't happen, bring Burns to Vegas for May 4th , so Broner can't eat him alive.

Comment

Originally posted by JeromyM View Post
                  is Vazquez the new Donaire trying everything under the sun to get out of a dangerous fight. Well if it doesn't happen, bring Burns to Vegas for May 4th , so Broner can't eat him alive.
                  Congratulations, you got the last dumbest post for month of February.

Comment

I like Vazquez, I am nervous about him going to the UK, with his style I think they are going to Rob him unless he scores a KO

Hopefully the fight goes on though!

Comment

Working...
                    X