No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
    I had Mayweather 10-2, he was clearly outboxing Cotto in the centre of the ring, and was winnig most of the rounds when he decided to fight Cotto's fight which even though I was impressed with how he avoided shots whilst landing them so well in Cotto's territory I think he should of just kept it in the centre, which is what he did towards the end.

Maybe it was credit to Cotto pushing him back, maybe Floyd did it to brig excitement, who knows.
    lets also give cotto credit as he probably made floyd fought that way...

I can only say i was satisfied with the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Steak View Post
      Thats a bit of a ridiculous statement. If anything Cotto has degenerated from the Pacquiao beating. 2lbs made little to no difference at all.

Just because a fighter has a strong showing doesnt mean hes magically better. Styles make fights, and quite honestly I think tonight is more of a sign of Mayweather starting to show his age than Cotto miraculously becoming a new fighter.

Pacquiao was able to beat up Cotto so bad partially because Cotto is a sucker for left uppercuts, always has been... not a surprise that is what seriously dropped him in the 4th against Pacquiao.

Its like saying 'Marquez now would beat Mayweather, because he looked so much better against Pacquiao!" You and I both know thats definitely not true.
      You may be right, but do you really think Pac would step up like Floyd and fight Cotto at that weight with no catch wheight? I seriously doubt at and to me, that speaks volumes about Pac and how great he is supposed to be. Believe me, I think Pac IS great, but he couldn't have done what Floyd did tonight. Just how I see it.

Comment

• Had it 10-2 Mayweather.

Perhaps 9-3.

Good fight.

Saw some flashes of 130 Mayweather tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Hammer View Post
          I think the problem with Cotto against Pacquiao is that it's really hard to get close inside to Pacquiao. He will hit you with a combination when a opponent comes inside on him. Floyd wasn't doing that, he was throwing 1 punch and Cotto did a good job of blocking a lot of those or avoiding them. That was Cotto's success getting in on Floyd and trying to bully him with power and roughing him up. But most importantly it prevented Floyd from winding up and hitting him with clean punches which kept him in the fight. I think Pacquiao would KO Cotto again or win by wide UD.
          I dont really think its that hard to get inside on Pacquiao. The real issue for Miguel is his type of guard...its useful for covering a lot of your head with minimal effort, but in reality it is wide open for uppercuts, and can be bashed through with clubbing force.

Pacquiao seriously damaged Cotto with his left uppercut, which is the punch that dropped him in the 4th, and because he turns through his punches with his legs he basically was able to sneak right through Cotto's guard in many cases. Mayweather is more accurate, but hes much more of an arm puncher, which means that Cotto was able to negate a number of his punches more so than Pacquiao.

Comment

• Mayweather's defense is unbelievable. No one can get clean shots on him. Cotto had a few moments, but Floyd won all but a few rounds.

Comment

• Good fight, but floyd made the fight harder than it had to be. gave these haters hope

Comment

• What did Floyd say after the fight?

Comment

• JMM could've had great moments against Floyd if he had a consistent jab like Cotto. I don't know why anyone can dislike a fighter like Cotto. He brought the best out of all of his opponents win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by chito View Post
                    the left punches were the ones that caused the bloody nose of mayweather
                    he he bro are you implying something? lolz

Comment

• Manny fought Miguel Cotto at 145
                      Cotto Fought Floyd at 154

There is no more to be said

Comment

Working...
                      X