• Yikes, brothers

i just heard in NSB that angelo dundee has died

i cant confirm it yet.

edit:
    his family confirmed it

RIP

i hope they are all OK

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/02/0...er-angelo.html
    Last edited by New England; 02-01-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      Cotto vs. Mayweather, y'all ready for this? I think Cotto gets outboxed and picked apart. He's not fast enough anymore. Maybe he finds his 2007 self e have ourselves a good fight. But I doubt it.
      Heard the news at about 11pm last night, literally jumped out of my chair and threw about a 20 punch combo lol!

Odds are quite clearly against him but this is great news, a shot at the #1 spot and eternal glory!

WAR MIGUEL!!! Back him up with the jab, dont let him walk u down. Get him on the backfoot, cut off the ring and work him over with body shots along the ropes.........Please!?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        Yikes, brothers

i just heard in NSB that angelo dundee has died

i cant confirm it yet.

edit:
        his family confirmed it

RIP

i hope they are all OK

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/02/0...er-angelo.html
        Oh damn. RIP to a legend.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
          Cotto vs. Mayweather, y'all ready for this? I think Cotto gets outboxed and picked apart. He's not fast enough anymore. Maybe he finds his 2007 self e have ourselves a good fight. But I doubt it.
          Everyone said the same of JMM when he faced Pacquiao a third time and surprised everyone. Cotto has to believe this is his final chance at glory. Hoya showed us how a good jab can contest with Floyd's skill, shame he got frustrated and stopped using it. Add to that Cotto's effectiveness with a bodyshot and you have a fan friendly fight. Floyd's stamina is what scares me..

Comment

• Originally posted by War Aficionado View Post
            Everyone said the same of JMM when he faced Pacquiao a third time and surprised everyone. Cotto has to believe this is his final chance at glory. Hoya showed us how a good jab can contest with Floyd's skill, shame he got frustrated and stopped using it. Add to that Cotto's effectiveness with a bodyshot and you have a fan friendly fight. Floyd's stamina is what scares me..
            1. Don't put words in my mouth. I certainly didn't.
            2. There were a lot of stylistic quirks in that fight that pointed to a Marquez win.
            3. Cotto doesn't have that same "kryptonite" style...in fact, his recent style plays right into Mayweather's hands.
            4. Marquez is better than Cotto and Mayweather is better than Pacquiao

Comment

• I don't like Cotto's chances here at all. I'm praying he makes it close but I highly doubt it will be. I feel Cotto is going to be timed and eventually end up walking into Mayweather's punches. Mayweather is just too precise for Cotto's style in my opinion and he's going to wind up taking too much punishment and being stopped by the ref. Whether it be cuts or otherwise.

This is actually a good fight for Floyd's legacy for a number of reasons.
              1 - It's a fighter Pacquiao has beaten.
              2 - He's a "name."
              3 - He's a world champion.

In 10 years people will start to look over the fact that Cotto was past prime. He's basically just another statistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                I don't like Cotto's chances here at all. I'm praying he makes it close but I highly doubt it will be. I feel Cotto is going to be timed and eventually end up walking into Mayweather's punches. Mayweather is just too precise for Cotto's style in my opinion and he's going to wind up taking too much punishment and being stopped by the ref. Whether it be cuts or otherwise.

This is actually a good fight for Floyd's legacy for a number of reasons.
                1 - It's a fighter Pacquiao has beaten.
                2 - He's a "name."
                3 - He's a world champion.

In 10 years people will start to look over the fact that Cotto was past prime. He's basically just another statistic.
                i concur in that i think floyd will pick cotto off without much fuss
                i'm not sure if he will stop him. cotto will have to really press the issue and floyd will have to open up. i'm not sure if floyd would actually walk cotto down with any real intent if he goes into full retreat again

and on the bold:
                cotto will probably get into the hall of fame a good way down the road as well, so it will be another hall of famer.

even if he didnt fight them at their peaks (or best weight in marquez case,) he's beaten sure fire hall of famers now in oscar, mosley, marquez

and three guys who will at least have their names on the ballot in castillo, and hatton, and cotto after he whips his butt
                Last edited by New England; 02-02-2012, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Cotto is still a good name and a good fighter, but this would have been a more impressive win 4 years ago or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Cotto is still a good name and a good fighter, but this would have been a more impressive win 4 years ago or so.
                    Not really. Because Mayweather was still in his prime 4 years ago. It'd be about the same. Both guys are diminished since then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obama View Post
                      Not really. Because Mayweather was still in his prime 4 years ago. It'd be about the same. Both guys are diminished since then.
                      Floyd hasn't lost though or come close to losing. The chinks in Cotto's armor are much more identifiable than those in Floyds. I think Floyd would have beaten him at any time, but it would have been more impressive to me to do it when Miguel was at his best. Jmo.

Comment

Working...
                      X