Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMJr vs JMM movie theater showing experience

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea i Live in NY and i went to the theatre right b4 showtime and it was sold out.

asked the guy he said it had sold out about 5 or 6 hours ago. thats pretty impressive. thought it would be EMPTY.

I HOPE and PRAY they do this for COTTO-PACQUIAO, but they wont

Comment

I didnt get to go to the theater and went to Buffalo Wild Wings instead, but Ive been reading reviews online and people loved the experience. almost all 5 stars across the board.
      http://www.movietickets.com/movie_de...ate=0&tstate=6

and its not surprising why. man, 4 hours of boxing in HD on the big screen in a comfortable movie theater?! buy one thing refillable popcorn and stuff your pockets with snacks before you get in and youre set!

Im pretty ticked I missed out going for this one, Im crossing my fingers they do this for Cotto-Pacquiao! and hopefully have a movie theater closer than 45 minutes away, haha.

my head wants to explode visualizing the greatness of a card like Cotto-Pacquiao in the big screens.

Comment

Originally posted by PrtyBoyDlicious View Post
        It was my first time watching a boxing match in a movie house. I went in seconds before the first undercard bout started and I thought I'm going to watch the fight together with the empty seats. I was wrong, the turn-out was excellent, it was packed with 200 sitting capacity!!! There are no posters or schedule posted about the fight at the theater entrance, I went to the box office and asked about the fight and paid $15....

Crowd is a mix, white older men with their wives, young and old black guys with wives/girlfriends, young hispanics , Indian and several Filipinos.....

Overall it was worth the $15 I coughed-up for a fight perceived by many to be a boring fight...

Who said boxing is dying?
        y'alll got gypped.

Comment

i think one thing thats good about the theatres is your forced to watch the fight almost. if my friends and i had ordered this i prolly wouldnt have been paying so much attention to the jon juarez fight but since i was forced to sit there and watch it i was way more into than i would have been sitting at a friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            y'alll got gypped.

That's your opinion but I'm a boxing fan. To see top 2 fighters in their prime is worth my hard earned $15 and its a fun experience...The undercard bouts were also worth it...

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
              I went to see the fight at the chelsea cinemas on 23rd street and 8th avenue in NYC. There were only about 5-8 empty seats. The crowd was a mixture of latins, blacks and whites. The majority of the crowd was rooting for Mraquez, and as soon as the final bell ended, over half the crowd left. Boxing needs to do this more often. 15 dollars in a movie theater is even cheaper than when I was a kid. In the 80's, it was usually 20-30 dollars to see a closed circuit fight, but then again, there was no PPV back then.
              i went thier nd it was fkn sold out ? so if i woulda snuck in i wouldve sat in those 5-8 empty seats.. im pissed !... my 2 other friends were like ofcourcce it was gonna be sold out wat yu expect.. im like naah no1 expected this to even sell good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
                Yea i Live in NY and i went to the theatre right b4 showtime and it was sold out.

asked the guy he said it had sold out about 5 or 6 hours ago. thats pretty impressive. thought it would be EMPTY.

yea happend to me also... if yu were their nd heard a teenager scream **** ! it was me lol.. aroun 8:15 nd it was sold out. nd didnt care to ask how long it was sold out for

Comment

glad to see this thread and I'll share my experiences.

went to my theater in NC, and it was SOLD OUT, fortunately I already bought my tix 3-4 weeks earlier so no problems there

the theater even sold more tickets at 8:30 PM

Originally posted by Jay Em Em View Post
                  Was the visual quality of seeing a boxing match in such a big size screen as cool as it seems it would be?
                  IMO, absolutely .. now only if we can get a main event that lives up to the hype, this idea was a BIG hit. (at least the one i went to)

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post

that's good man, and even better I found some friends who follow boxing to go with hallelujah!!!

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                  I didnt get to go to the theater and went to Buffalo Wild Wings instead, but Ive been reading reviews online and people loved the experience. almost all 5 stars across the board.
                  http://www.movietickets.com/movie_de...ate=0&tstate=6

and its not surprising why. man, 4 hours of boxing in HD on the big screen in a comfortable movie theater?! buy one thing refillable popcorn and stuff your pockets with snacks before you get in and youre set!

Im pretty ticked I missed out going for this one, Im crossing my fingers they do this for Cotto-Pacquiao! and hopefully have a movie theater closer than 45 minutes away, haha.

my head wants to explode visualizing the greatness of a card like Cotto-Pacquiao in the big screens.
                  long time no speak

anyway I was so inspired by my experience that I wrote about it

for all to check out.

www.boxingatthemovies.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X