Ohara Davies vs Josh Taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    I can't say Ive been overly impressed by either. It will be interesting
    Definitely going to be interesting.Two future World champions IMO.
    I haven't really followed Taylors amateur career as he's from way North of the border, so he kind of slipped under the radar.
    The closer it gets the more I get a bit nervous for Ohara. He has previous experience fighting in his opponents back yard but on a Matchroom show. This is a whole new experience. Braehead arena & Cyclone promotions. I see why the bookies have it the way they do.

Comment

I'd take Taylor in a heartbeat if he wasn't with Shane Mcguigan. I don't rate him at all and his fighters far too often come in with the worst gameplans imaginable. Every fighter he has seems to take 2 steps backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        I'd take Taylor in a heartbeat if he wasn't with Shane Mcguigan. I don't rate him at all and his fighters far too often come in with the worst gameplans imaginable. Every fighter he has seems to take 2 steps backwards.
        Groves is looking better under McGuigan than he ever has in his career, Frampton still world class and has been for a while under McGuigan........ Not sure where your coming from with this. The only fight i can agree on is the Haye fight but that had more to do with Haye's body disobeying him rather than tactics

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
          Groves is looking better under McGuigan than he ever has in his career, Frampton still world class and has been for a while under McGuigan........ Not sure where your coming from with this. The only fight i can agree on is the Haye fight but that had more to do with Haye's body disobeying him rather than tactics

Groves looks terrible and is nowhere near the quality he was under Booth who's a much better trainer and vastly superior strategist. He looked horrendous in winning his vacant strap against a massively inactive Euro level operator. He fought to his opponents strengths and was constantly getting caught on the ropes and pummeled. Chudinov would of hardly landed a glove on Booths more mobile, cagey version. He's looked **** in every fight under Shane and Paddy Fitzpatrick.

Frampton fought the wrong fight vs LSC, wasn't given the correct instructions and made no adjustments. He looked an ageing fighter, flat and uninterested which he has for a few yrs now.

Its not just in that fight or the injury Haye has looked pathetic under him in every fight. Slow, bloated, completely flat-footed just plodding forward loading up on right hands and not setting them up again a far cry from the fast, explosive Haye who boxed behind a great jab that Adam Booth took to the top.

He's a terrible trainer only where he is because of his name which drew in an already moulded Frampton who'd likely of turned out world class under any trainer.
          Last edited by dan_cov; 06-20-2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Groves looks terrible and is nowhere near the quality he was under Booth who's a much better trainer and vastly superior strategist. He looked horrendous in winning his vacant strap against a massively inactive Euro level operator. He fought to his opponents strengths and was constantly getting caught on the ropes and pummeled. Chudinov would of hardly landed a glove on Booths more mobile, cagey version. He's looked **** in every fight under Shane and Paddy Fitzpatrick.

Frampton fought the wrong fight vs LSC, wasn't given the correct instructions and made no adjustments. He looked an ageing fighter, flat and uninterested which he has for a few yrs now.

Its not just in that fight or the injury Haye has looked pathetic under him in every fight. Slow, bloated, completely flat-footed just plodding forward loading up on right hands and not setting them up again a far cry from the fast, explosive Haye who boxed behind a great jab that Adam Booth took to the top.

He's a terrible trainer only where he is because of his name which drew in an already moulded Frampton who'd likely of turned out world class under any trainer.
            I don't think you'll find any respectable trainers having a session on a 'yatch'. Unless their was a purpose built gym.

I still respect the first Frampton fight, he achieved it against all the odds but it has been a come down for Shane with George Groves stopping the rot more recently. If it weren't for his surname he'd be a nobody, that we can all agree with.

Comment

I disagree that Groves looks terrible under McGuigan, I've been impressed with his recent wins - Murray, Gutnecht and Chudinov are decent level opposition and he finished all 3 off quite impressively in my opinion.

Frampton has looked a flat,uninterested, ageing fighter for years now???? Not even sure how to respond to that, the 1st Santa Cruz fight was an epic and Frampton performed out of his skin that night, that was only a year ago and he was high up on many P4P lists after that fight, the 2nd fight i agree he used wrong tactics but it was still a good performance against an elite fighter and he came up short - no big deal - far from flat and uninterested.

I personally think that McGuigan is receiving criticism due to the Haye episode alone which i think he'll learn from and not make the same mistakes again. Haye is a prima donna who thinks he can train himself nowadays, Shane was basically just a passenger for the Bellew fight.Of course Booth is a better trainer, he's highly experienced at championship level and has trained numerous champions and contenders, McGuigan is a very young and inexperienced coach but i think he has decent knowledge and will come good

Comment

AJ was in the gym with Ohara & Connor Benn a few days ago.

The build up to this fight has been slightly underwhelming in the mainstream. Is Barry or Channel 5 going to release a documentary or any promotional bits.
                Ohara talking up Yardes fight on the same night on Boxnation. I know they're close friends but this has been a strange build up to the fight all round.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                  AJ was in the gym with Ohara & Connor Benn a few days ago.

The build up to this fight has been slightly underwhelming in the mainstream. Is Barry or Channel 5 going to release a documentary or any promotional bits.
                  Ohara talking up Yardes fight on the same night on Boxnation. I know they're close friends but this has been a strange build up to the fight all round.
                  Ohara has a guaranteed purse not tied to ticket sales so he's deliberately tanking the promotion in order to take money out of Taylor's and the McGuigans' pockets. Total ****** move tbh, don't respect that at all. Ward allegedly did the same did to Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    Ohara has a guaranteed purse not tied to ticket sales so he's deliberately tanking the promotion in order to take money out of Taylor's and the McGuigans' pockets. Total ****** move tbh, don't respect that at all. Ward allegedly did the same did to Kovalev
                    Apparently the promotion has been terrible though. They havent been plugging the fight at all in Scotland and its taking place in the wrong city (should be in Edinburgh but its in Glasgow)

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      Now it's making sense, definitely drawing some parallels with Ward/Kov.
                      You'd think Ohara would still make an effort because network TV is a great platform.
                      I'm not sure what channel Big Brother is on but if it's on Five then a little advert before, inbetween or after the show wouldn't hurt. I'm sure a million plus people watch that show. 12 more days till the fight. Cyclone & Five need to step it up now.

Comment

Working...
                      X