No announcement yet.

No Canelo-GGG this year. Sept 2017 more realistic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    we all know is 154... i dont think that a fight with a limit set at 155 is considered a jmw or mw fight, is only a CW fight at 155... is really that simple... i guess we just have to agree to disagree..
    There is no division called 155 CW! You can't just make stuff up just because you "feel" a certain type of way

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooChild View Post
      The bolded is the only thing that matters, Canelo has been fighting in the MW weight RANGE for his last 4 fights.
      so canelo-lara was a MW fight? cuz i still havent found any boxing insiders that considered the fight a MW fight... lets ignore the fact that most JMWs set their CW fights at 155 or 156... 155 is CW not a weight class , and is not the MWs who use that CW, guess who??? right the JMWs...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        There is no division called 155 CW! You can't just make stuff up just because you "feel" a certain type of way
        of course not, thats not a division, is a CW... thats exactly my point...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          h's not just holding a belt, dude. he's holding the lineal title. he's the guy who beat the guy [cotto] who beat the guy [martinez] who beat the guy [pavlik] who beat the guy [taylor] who beat the guy [bernard f#Cking hopkins, a legend who won his lineage when he boxed for a vacancy against tito trinidad, a hall of famer on a good run at the time.]

and he's created a new weight class to maintain that "lineage" while avoiding the biggest fight in boxing, which is canelo - golovkin. and you think this kid is still a junior middleweight?!? that's how backwards boxing is! they've got you fooled! canelo is heavier on fight night than golovkin. he's not going to test the waters at 160 becaue he wants to keep people like you thinking that it's okj for him to fight welterweights.
          Green karma sent your way dude

Comment

The moment Alvarez dropped the belt this fight became a huge long shot to happen. You don't drop a belt unless you have no real intention of fighting someone.

Comment

of course not, thats not a division, is a CW... thats exactly my point...
              It's a Catch Weight fought within what Weight division?

Comment

so canelo-lara was a MW fight? cuz i still havent found any boxing insiders that considered the fight a MW fight... lets ignore the fact that most JMWs set their CW fights at 155 or 156... 155 is CW not a weight class , and is not the MWs who use that CW, guess who??? right the JMWs...
                Yes, if it was fought at 155 then it was a MW fight. Also I never said that 155 was a weight class, it is a weight that falls within MW. You have even stated as such.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooChild View Post
                  Yes, if it was fought at 155 then it was a MW fight. Also I never said that 155 was a weight class, we both agree that it falls within MW though
                  but you seem to ignore that 155 is a CW used by JMWs not MWs... Again the rest of the world considered canelo-lara a CW fight not a MW fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    It's a Catch Weight fought within what Weight division?
                    it really doesnt matter, still a CW, not a weight class... is a CW used by JMWs not MWs...

Comment

but you seem to ignore that 155 is a CW used by JMWs not MWs... Again the rest of the world considered canelo-lara a CW fight not a MW fight...
                      It is a CW that's fought in the MW division. Do you agree?

Comment

Working...
                      X