Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao Has Until May 27th To Decide on Olympic Stint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say go for it. Pac KO1 in every round guaranteed.

News of a supposed Mayweather rematch makes me sad. Nobody cares. If the two best fighters of their generation had got in the ring at the right time, we could have seen an epic rivalry over the next few years, not some kind of boxing Cold War. Imagine a boxing version of Federer and Nadal. Instead, we get the fight when both are way past their primes (certainly Manny was) and it's lost the era-defining meaning it once had. A rematch will just be two guys cashing in for more Vegas bucks, instead of the great rematch it could have been. Now we're heading in the same direction with GGG and Canelo. Honestly, I say get rid of all the sanctioning bodies except for the lineal title- 1 belt, 1 champion in all divisions. We might get the best fighters actually fighting each other then.

Comment

I mean its gonna be ****ed up seeing Pacquaio one shot some 18 year old but you'd be lying if you said you werent gonna watch.

Comment

Would be nice to see pac enter only to find out days later mayweather as enter the olympics too lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          LOL they can't make Manny qualify in a tournament with amateurs who haven't even qualified yet. Just let his ass in. He's f#cking won 37 pro titles in 19 weight divisions. Give me a f#cking break. Assuming he does want in. It'll for sure be some of the most watched boxing in Olympic history & **** maybe Olympic sports.
          Exactly

All they're doing is aligning olympic boxing back to the other olympic sports, where pro's also compete. All this without the promoter/network mess of the pros. Some pro fighters will struggle with the amateur system, especially those with a consistently low punch output

It just means the Amateur World Championships becomes the marquee amateur tournament, which is what it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by cantor5150 View Post
            Would be nice to see pac enter only to find out days later mayweather as enter the olympics too lol.
            floyd wont even entertain a rematch and make $300 mil again so he aint gonna enter the olympics if pac is in it.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Exactly

All they're doing is aligning olympic boxing back to the other olympic sports, where pro's also compete. All this without the promoter/network mess of the pros. Some pro fighters will struggle with the amateur system, especially those with a consistently low punch output

It just means the Amateur World Championships becomes the marquee amateur tournament, which is what it should be.
              Yea this is how I see it. I think the Olympics is a subpar way to determine the best amateur anyway. Look how nutty the qualification process has gotten. Plus & more obviously its only every 4 years. The best amateur should be determined every year with the World Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                Idiot. How about NBA superstars beating young amateur basketball players?

How is that even slightly similar ?

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
                  dont do it manny!!! u know they do random blood testing up until the day of the fight! stay away! lol.

Not a problem. Pac will be fighting at 140, and he will not need to throw 1200+ punches in a 3-round fight.

Comment

Originally posted by cantor5150 View Post
                    You forgot Floyd's middle name.

Comment

Hmmh, hell, why not.

Comment

Working...
                      X