Paulie Malignaggi would have had no chance of beating prime Shane Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    THe point is you talk about guys "picking on Paulie"
    wait, who started this thread about guys picking on guys again?

but seeing as the TS brought it all up, yep, Union thought Paulie would be a soft touch and it backfired on them.

and then losing, when paulie picked on an even worse fighter and got his ass beat just as bad
    yeah, almost getting completely shut out while having your eye blown out and then being stopped by a featherfist is as bad as arguably losing a close fight.

supreme logic.

So you didnt expect an out of shape, overweight slow ass Cano to outbox and beat Paulies ass, just like i said
    i expected Cano to give Paulie a good, close fight, and he did.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Honestly, even this version of Mosley will probably end up winning. Pauli sucks.
      I'd love to see Shane KO Malignaggi.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        I'd love to see Shane KO Malignaggi.
        i bet you would.

you may see it, too.

why did you never give credit for the wonderful technical display Paulie put on against Slava, though? he completely dazzled your fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
          wait, who started this thread about guys picking on guys again?

but seeing as the TS brought it all up, yep, Union thought Paulie would be a soft touch and it backfired on them.
          Paulie picked on Cano thinking he would be a soft touch and it backfired. Luckily papi Schafer took care of the judges

yeah, almost getting completely shut out while having your eye blown out and then being stopped by a featherfist is as bad as arguably losing a close fight.

supreme logic.
          Yes it is as bad as losing 8-9 rounds and getting knocked down by an overweight, slow, mediocre fighter like Cano.

Also Paulies a featherweight now

i expected Cano to give Paulie a good, close fight, and he did.
          But you didnt expect him to outbox and beat his ass, which is what actually happened......soooo i was right

Comment

This may end up being the first fight I root for Paulie Malignaggi in.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
              i bet you would.

you may see it, too.

why did you never give credit for the wonderful technical display Paulie put on against Slava, though? he completely dazzled your fighter.
              Paulie did truly kick Senchenko's ass on his own turf. It was a beautiful display.

Actually, I wouldn't really bet on this fight. Certainly Paulie's got some trouble putting on consistently good performances, but Shane has looked like utter **** recently and especially in the Canelo fight. He was tough as hell, don't get me wrong. I am a Mosley fan, but he looked slow, lethargic, sloppy, and he didn't even seem to have real power behind his shots anymore.

I wouldn't really be surprised by either guy winning. But at this point, with Mosley looking utterly shot and slurring his words, I think I'd actually be slightly more surprised by him winning even against Malignaggi. The last thing an old, shot fighter like Shane needs is a guy dancing and prancing all over the ring. I just don't think Shane's up to a chase at this point.
              Last edited by samouraï; 01-15-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Tbf Vitali did the same with Lennox Lewis, no?
                here fishy fishy........

Comment

Prime Shane Mosley was A/B+ Class Fighter , Old Shane Mosley is B/C+ Fighter which is still better than Paulie Malignaggi

Comment

Paulie picked on Cano thinking he would be a soft touch and it backfired. Luckily papi Schafer took care of the judges
                    possibly true (Paulie did say he expected a real fight from Cano, though, tbf). so you agree that all this 'picking on' stuff that the threadstarter is bemoaning is very much embedded in the matchmaking culture of boxing in general? thanks, that was my point in this thread from the beginning.

Yes it is as bad as losing 8-9 rounds and getting knocked down by an overweight, slow, mediocre fighter like Cano.
                    Paulie did not lose 8-9 rounds. if you're not just trolling, you didn't watch the fight.

what happened to Senchenko was far worse than arguably losing a close, rough fight. Senchenko was on the end of a genuine one-sided asswhooping, a near shutout and a stoppage loss to a featherfist.

Also Paulies a featherweight now
                    what does that even mean? you seem to be keen on prolonging the exchange, but i have to wonder when you'll start chipping in with something relevant.

But you didnt expect him to outbox and beat his ass, which is what actually happened......soooo i was right
                    beating a guy's ass and arguably winning a close fight aren't the same thing. to say that both men had success with their jabs is more truthful than saying one guy outboxed the other.

Cano was a dangerous opponent, and i perceived that. soooo you were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                      Tbf Vitali did the same with Lennox Lewis, no?
                      touché. the esteemed gentleman, Dr. Ironfist, did call Lennox out for many years after his retirement.

Comment

Working...
                      X