No announcement yet.

Serious Question. Who has the better Resume DSG or GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dukesville View Post
    I can see you think very highly of Lemieux to the extent that you make excuses for him getting koed by Rubio as if it dosen't count cus "he was 22" or he "won the first half" of a 5 round fight by the way or he "gassed out"...until he got koed! But either way it does not change that the resumes are very similar to anyone neutral.
    I don't really think that highly of Lemieux...he is what he is...a big puncher with not too great boxing skills...I do think when he fought GGG he was in really good form though and that that win for GGG, especially how he did it, was really impressive imo

Comment

• Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
      What is that a pic of?

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        Comparing a 37 year old with a 31 year old is a little fake, but lets try it.

Garcia has the better wins for sure, whilst GGG has only 2 narrow wins over top contenders plus one titlist, DSG has a set of top contenders plus titlists.

If you compare age for age its even worse for Golovkin, at 31 Golovkin had won no title nor fought anyone of substance, and DSG of course remains as above.

Garcia is substantially better, start this thread in a few years to give GGG time to try and catch up.
        I think there is a bit more nuance to their resumes than you suggest

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
          I think there is a bit more nuance to their resumes than you suggest
          then suggest otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
            then suggest otherwise.
            I don't think you really keep it too real on that subject my friend so I have no real interest in having the debate

Comment

• Well people say canelo is FOTD yet most people thought ggg beat him at 36. Garcias been getting comfortably beaten by fighters not on that level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                I mean I don't really see how you can put Geale up there, and not Lemieux Murray or Monroe...I would put all 4 of those guys about the same level at the time of that fight.

And bro...on the Ndam thing...the point was that Lemieux clearly won that fight...I mean come on lol...the point of a debate should not be to defend every original point we have...it should be to exchange ideas...if you make a good point I can change my mind and vice versa.

I would add a few more C level guys in there for GGG...Rubio Adama Ishida (who KOed Kirkland).

Overall I don't think we're too far off here though...I think GGG's list, based on official wins, or unofficial wins/losses/ performances in those fights in quite a bit better than Danny's...you may think they are close...I certainly don't see the case that Danny's is better.
                Daniel Geale actually had fights under his belt that he won before fighting Golovkin; Mundine, Karmazin, Sylvester, Sturm, Barker (13 of his 16 KOs made it pretty clear that he couldn't punch worth **** at even the fringe title level, but that doesn't disregard his ability to box his ass off).

How much he had left (or how hard the weight cut still was) is of no importance to me; you rate the fighter based on what they've accomplished and shown before the fight. Respect Geale for what he accomplished.

Beyond that, it wasn't a clear win the way you're trying to present it; Lemieux had literally everything stacked in his favor, and still couldn't win the fight clear

Comment

Working...
                X