Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin Vs. C. Smith @168lbs in May??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin Vs. C. Smith @168lbs in May??

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post

Thoughts?
    Seems really risky. I don't think Golovkin takes that fight.

Comment

Ducked ward comments incoming if true .

Comment

IF this happens then... Alvarez is staying @168lbs.

Comment

I'd travel to see that one

Comment

I'd be kinda surprised if GGG moves to 168. I feel like with as few fights as he gots he should be fighting a 160lb title holder. If he can't or don't wanna fight at 160 again fair play doe. I think his money won't be as nice there cuz no one is THAT big. Id have assumed GGG wanted to try for a Canelo 3rd fight and I kinda don't think 168 is were he wants to be to insure that happens. If Canelo were to stay at 168 it'd be a nice way to insure a 3rd fight doe I suppose. I just don't see Canelo staying at 168.

Comment

Seems like an odd move if true, but I guess he's got his retirement fund sorted now, and I guess he also knows he's never getting his straps back off Canelo at this point. What else is there? Go gunning for one of the other MW titlists, neither of whom is likely to bring more $ than a stadium fight in the UK, or roll the dice on the money and prestige of the the SMW #1.

I can see it, actually. You just know there's gonna be those guys saying he's running from the young lions at 160 if he goes for it though..

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Seems like an odd move if true, but I guess he's got his retirement fund sorted now, and I guess he also knows he's never getting his straps back of Canelo at this point. What else is there? Go gunning for one of the other MW titlists, neither of whom is likely to bring more $ than a stadium fight in the UK, or roll the dice on the money and prestige of the the SMW #1.

I can see it, actually. You just know there's gonna be those guys saying he's running from the young lions at 160 if he goes for it though..
                Kind of surprised it is Smith , Thought he may fight Zurdo. Then Take on Canelo in September

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                  Kind of surprised it is Smith , Thought he may fight Zurdo. Then Take on Canelo in September
                  Smith makes more sense if he's trying to build a relationship with Dazn / Hearn I guess. I know GBP are supposed to have their own arrangement with Dazn for the Canelo fights but it's still much less of a tangent that going off with Arum / ESPN.

Or maybe he's turning his back on the Canelo trilogy... hard to see how he's ever gonna get the nod on Canelo with age as his enemy.

Comment

Fight the guy who stopped Fielding. Not a bad move, but I don’t see the risk versus reward here. Likely not a big money fight and a loss would pretty much seal his fate of blowing his chances at a Canelo trilogy.

Comment

Working...
                    X