Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Conor Mcgregor have the worst downfall in MMA history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Conor Mcgregor have the worst downfall in MMA history?

I'm talking about the big stars only, not the more unknown onesl ike War Machine or Joe Son.

Whose downfall was worse than Mcgregors?

From beating Aldo in 13 seconds, destroying Eddie Alvarez and winning 2 belts, to getting stripped of both, losing to Floyd in the biggest PPV event ever, and then getting utterly humiliated by Khabib and being slammed by his own country's newspapers.

He is still wealthy and successful, but his reputation and manhood was destroyed.

Notable mentions of spectacular downfalls
    -Jon Jones
    -Ronda rousey
    -Anderson Silva
    -Jose Aldo

Rousey’s was the worst. She got sparked out multiple times.

Conor on the other hand has really only beaten Alvarez in the last few years...most (as far as I know) dont think he won against Nate the second time either..and got stopped by small ass retired Floyd and then quit against Khabib.

He’s good, very good...but he hasnt been considered the best or some dominating force like Rhonda was being called. Conor never had more than a punchers chance vs Khabib if we’re being real and once we realized he didnt even have that...it went as expected.

Jon Jones wasnt as famous and theyre giving the guy every chance so he still has a chance to make up for it. Anderson didnt have a fall at all. Conor and Rhonda can put all their years of being “dominant” together and still not approach the sheer dominance Anderson did for a loooong time

Comment

nah, ronda takes this one. conor's downfall didnt just come all at once. he already loss to nate diaz that was the first downfall then he kinda redeem himself after beating nate in the rematch. then he went on to beat eddie alvaverz then he loss to floyd and now khabib. so his downfall didnt come falling down all at once.

where as for ronda, she was the hype of the town then got completely smashed and then after that she got smashed even harder. she never bounce back from it.

Comment

Ronda Rousey's was the worst by far.

She got KO'd twice in a row and she took it like an absolute ***** both times.

Comment

Not even close. Ronda's downfall was the biggest in sports history!
          Last edited by TheCell8; 10-11-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

if 8 figures payday is a downfall then I gladly apply

McGregor is just a salesman at this point, I think he doesn't care at all about the sport.

Comment

Nope, Rousey does by far

Comment

Fighters either retire on top or suddenly fall off & get trounced. I don't think McGregor's situation is exceptional.

I would say his best days are well past him. I don't keep up too much on the gossip but apparently he's gone too far with the drugs/partying? He walked to the cage looking like he hadn't slept in 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                  Nope, Rousey does by far
                  I agree with Shontae, Rousey sucks because she gave up like a coward,Mc Greggor will dust himself off make adjustments and get back into the frey .

Why do ppl with a wrestling weakness never train wrestling in MMA? If it wasmy weakness id find the best wrestling team possible and go and train with them, but instead they try to hone their anti wrestling game instead, we see time and time again that it just doesnt work, wrestling and striking mixed up n combined is king.
                  Last edited by AlexKid; 10-11-2018, 11:46 PM.

Comment

It'd be hard to beat Ronda Rousy's. The fact she sucked so much at taking an L is even a big part of why its so bad. Thats one of the things about Conor...like Tyson, usually anyway cuz we all remember that one time, he can take a L & be respectful & accept it.

Comment

Working...
                    X