Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The next two off the Brit Heavyweight conveyor belt...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next two off the Brit Heavyweight conveyor belt...

We seem to have produced a lot of talent over the last few years. Some from the Ams, others have come from off the radar.

Assuming Joe Joyce turns over at some point this year, the next in line to replace him on the GB squad is Frazier Clarke.

Big old unit (6'5"). 25yrs old. Been WSB for a while. Like the look of him actually and will be good to see how he does as the main man on the GB team. Pretty raw though and needs a lot of work

Also we have the guy who was coming up quick behind Clarke in Daniel Dubois, who has been snapped up recently by Frank Warren. Only 19 years old. Absolutely massive for his age. Unlike a lot of these big guys he has been boxing since he was young.

Only fights on YT are of him as a 17/18 yr old. Again he looks raw, but definitely lots of talent to work with

Obviously not saying they will definitely succeed in ams or pro, but good to see the talent keep coming.

I'm glad you mentioned Dubois because he is probably the most talented new comer to the pro ranks and like you said, he didn't come to the game late. He's boxed at numerous clubs in London and I think is currently training down the road from me at the Pea****. Not bad. Plus only 19, youngest Brit champ ever? If he progresses the way I think he can and if the hw division keeps churning out mediocre fighters, I reckon he can pick up a belt by late 2019 if he really gets pushed.

Comment

Dubois is an intriguing prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Dubois is an intriguing prospect.
        Some better footage of Dubois came online recently. Jab is nice, though Dacres was wide open for it.

In general im very interested. He looks a lot better schooled than an AJ at the same age, though that doesnt mean that his max level will be as high.

Comment

Not sure who to root for in a GB vs England fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Not sure who to root for in a GB vs England fight.
            i did think that

Comment

There's also Nathan Gorman, another traveller from fighting stock, who is promoted and trained by Ricky Hatton. He's fighting for the English title already in a few months. Could be a dark horse

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                There's also Nathan Gorman, another traveller from fighting stock, who is promoted and trained by Ricky Hatton. He's fighting for the English title already in a few months. Could be a dark horse
                Ive heard his name before. Is he of Bartley Gorman fame?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Ive heard his name before. Is he of Bartley Gorman fame?
                  He's his great nephew or something, and also apparently a distant relation of the Furys

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    Yeah only 20 too so thats very good. But I havet seen him fight so no idea how good he really is at this stage. Got the english title in a fights time.

Comment

Working...
                    X