No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
    Lebron has been coasting every game this season. I've never seen him play like this before.

I think he's trying to get Ingram to become a consistent scoring threat but thats never gonna happen.

Unfortunately everyone on the Lakers is a role player other than Lebron.
    And today he decides to play like himself for the first time.

He's in attack mode today because he wants to break Wilt's record at home.

I think he's been coasting to save his body for the playoffs and to give more confidence to the young guys on the team.

Legoat can still play like Legoat when he wants to.

Comment

I think he's been coasting to save his body for the playoffs and to give more confidence to the young guys on the team.

Idk if he’s coasting. Maybe on defense yea but he’s not gonna go hard every night of course. His numbers are damn near the same as they’ve always been. He was just in the zone hitting those long 3s

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
        Idk if he’s coasting. Maybe on defense yea but he’s not gonna go hard every night of course. His numbers are damn near the same as they’ve always been. He was just in the zone hitting those long 3s
        Nah he's definitely been coasting. I've watched more of his games than anyone since his highschool championship game on espn in 2002. I know when I see a Lebron who's engaged or just coasting.

Right from the first qtr I saw a different Lebron. I didn't know until the 2nd half that he was that close to breaking Wilt's record which made sense why he was so engaged since his next couple of games are on the road so he wanted to break the record in LA.

Tonight was LeBron's true introduction to the Lakers.

Comment

Nah he's definitely been coasting. I've watched more of his games than anyone since his highschool championship game on espn in 2002. I know when I see a Lebron who's engaged or just coasting.

Right from the first qtr I saw a different Lebron. I didn't know until the 2nd half that he was that close to breaking Wilt's record which made sense why he was so engaged since his next couple of games are on the road so he wanted to break the record in LA.

Tonight was LeBron's true introduction to the Lakers.
          Agreed

Before tonight, it was a question of Father Time or 70%

He has definitely been coasting

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
            Agreed

Before tonight, it was a question of Father Time or 70%

He has definitely been coasting
            Yeah, the last time I saw Lebron with a similar mindset was his first year with the Heat. In the 2nd season with the Heat when Wade got injured Lebron flipped a switch and become Cavs Lebron again.

Lebron is a very methodical person. He plans out every move. I think he's deliberately doing this to either save his body for playoffs or to allow the young guys to work on their game so they can mature quicker.

Comment

Yeah, the last time I saw Lebron with a similar mindset was his first year with the Heat. In the 2nd season with the Heat when Wade got injured Lebron flipped a switch and become Cavs Lebron again.

Lebron is a very methodical person. He plans out every move. I think he's deliberately doing this to either save his body for playoffs or to allow the young guys to work on their game so they can mature quicker.
              He's conserving energy

Played like this early on with the Cavs last season and they were simply awful on the defensive end for much of the season

Resulted in a mass trade prior to the deadline so should be a warning for young Lakers as I doubt he spends 4 years there as a tutor

Comment

• 44 points, 10 rebounds 9 assists. And He surpassed Wilt Chamberlain in scoring.

Comment

• I might get a Magic Johnson, and LeBron James jersey this weekend.

Comment

• BI airballing Lebron's 10th assist.

Comment

i kinda agree with this but i dont think he's doing it just for the playoffs. he said it himself that this team will take some time until they can be a full on contender for the champs.

i think he's saving his body so he can last until his son comes in. he's been saying this more than once already. he says that his dream in the NBA would be to play with/against his son. i think this is what he's really pushing for.

Comment

Working...
                      X