Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA's Insistence on Having 3 Featherweight Champs is Ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    excellent, you are getting there.....
    Getting where? From day one I've said I hope Haymon puts all the sanctioning bodies out of business. I have no allegiance to the sanctioning bodies. It's not my fault the entire sport revolves around them.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Getting where? From day one I've said I hope Haymon puts all the sanctioning bodies out of business. I have no allegiance to the sanctioning bodies. It's not my fault the entire sport revolves around them.

oops, my bad

it was your incessant fluffing of the WBC that put me wrong

the entire sport revolves around the fighters dude, not the ABC's

people dump that shht all the time, they are becoming less relevant every day..... the sport is evolving away from them, because of their OBVIOUS flaws

Comment

oops, my bad

it was your incessant fluffing of the WBC that put me wrong
        Just because the WBC belt is the most valuable doesn't mean I don't still want them to go out of business.

the entire sport revolves around the fighters dude, not the ABC's
        This is the problem with trying to have a serious business discussion with a fan. You're so convinced you know everything that you won't consider that maybe things operate differently than you imagine.

Largely, the fighters are interchangeable. Irrelevant. There are some exceptions, but 99% of fighters are meaningless. All that matters are the belts. No belt, no money, no interest, no TV dates.

The entire sport revolves around the belts. Fighters are made to build fighters to climb the rankings to try to get a belt. Promoters, managers, networks, etc fight over the belts because whoever controls the belts controls the sport. They don't even care who the fighters are, as long as they have a belt.

Yes, a few stars are bigger than the belts, but they are the very rare exception. Generally, the public has no idea who the fighters are beyond a handful of stars and the networks just put on the title fights. If you have a belt, they'll want you, and if you don't, they won't.

Comment

I remember when that bloke/chick with the Sanctioning Orgs as their username, was insistent that the WBA was doing the right thing and genuinely trying to reduce the amount of belts in play.

People tried to argue that the legal situation they have at Heavyweight (with Oquendo etc), is not evidence that they are actually intent on making changes - this fell on deaf ears, however.

Sadly, some people are incredibly stubborn and lack the ability to step away from their own beliefs, and listen to reason.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
            I remember when that bloke/chick with the Sanctioning Orgs as their username, was insistent that the WBA was doing the right thing and genuinely trying to reduce the amount of belts in play.

People tried to argue that the legal situation they have at Heavyweight (with Oquendo etc), is not evidence that they are actually intent on making changes - this fell on deaf ears, however.

Sadly, some people are incredibly stubborn and lack the ability to step away from their own beliefs, and listen to reason.
            mendoza, suiliman, and valcarcel are all parasites. They troll around rattling a tin cup begging for a taste of someone elses successes.

Comment

Just because the WBC belt is the most valuable doesn't mean I don't still want them to go out of business.

This is the problem with trying to have a serious business discussion with a fan. You're so convinced you know everything that you won't consider that maybe things operate differently than you imagine.

Largely, the fighters are interchangeable. Irrelevant. There are some exceptions, but 99% of fighters are meaningless. All that matters are the belts. No belt, no money, no interest, no TV dates.

The entire sport revolves around the belts. Fighters are made to build fighters to climb the rankings to try to get a belt. Promoters, managers, networks, etc fight over the belts because whoever controls the belts controls the sport. They don't even care who the fighters are, as long as they have a belt.

Yes, a few stars are bigger than the belts, but they are the very rare exception. Generally, the public has no idea who the fighters are beyond a handful of stars and the networks just put on the title fights. If you have a belt, they'll want you, and if you don't, they won't.

you insist that you want Haymon to take over the sport, and run the ABC's out of business..... but, what would happen then ?

right, Haymon would start making his own belts

how much would the WBC/IBF/WBO/WBA trinkets be worth then?

you are badly over-stating the worth of having multiple ABC belts

James Degale just dumped his belt, looks like he will be signing up for welfare..... or?

how many belts does Ryan Garcia have ?

now, how many instagram followers does Ryan Garcia have ?

the point is, one official sanctioning body..... would work.....

4 official sanctioning bodies..... does not work

only one belt is necessary..... removing the rubbish would put some badly needed meaning back into title fights, and into champions

the public are confused, and are likely sick of seeing four meaningless "title" fights every weekend

look..... Golovkin is this supposed killer..... with this amazing fan-friendly Mexican style..... he is not a runner like Floyd lol..... and guess what, he pretty much holds all of the belts..... and, yet..... only 97k hardcore fans even give a damm

no no, don't tell me that boxing is on a down-turn..... because Mayweather just sold 7mil PPV's in 2 fights

Golovkin has completely failed to capture the public's imagination with his continual cherry-picking of no-hopers and bums..... he fought guys nobody ever heard of and it was plainly obvious even to casuals that those guys were outclassed

if there was one ladder, with one title..... nobody could do that

Golovkin has been content to fight sub-par opposition, and the 4 ABC asshat's have enabled him..... oh, until recently that is lol

the public are interested in good fights, and they want champions/belts to be meaningful..... there are far too many poor fights and meaningless champions

I rate the IBF #1 in your turd-polishing contest..... mainly because they only have two obvious flaws, being..... poor rankings, and they could be corrupt (NOTE: I said "could").....

whereas all of the other ABC's also have those two flaws, and more.....

the cold-blooded trigger-happy way they enforce their mandatories is refreshing, but no way would I settle for the IBF..... like you would settle for the WBC

Comment

Does the member of your account who is connected to the wba still have contact with the president?

Is it possible to get Mendoza on a AMA on the Reddit boxing sub? Would like to see how he tries to justify what they are recently doing with the comeback of the multiple belts in each division, even though they were commited to get rid of them.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                  Does the member of your account who is connected to the wba still have contact with the president?

Is it possible to get Mendoza on a AMA on the Reddit boxing sub? Would like to see how he tries to justify what they are recently doing with the comeback of the multiple belts in each division, even though they were commited to get rid of them.
                  Mendoza blames pressure from the promoters. The multiple belts exist because the promoters want them to.

Comment

you insist that you want Haymon to take over the sport, and run the ABC's out of business..... but, what would happen then ?
                    You'd end up with different leagues around the world, without the ABCs pilfering profits like the parasitic middle men they are.

US Boxing would benefit greatly from a dominant league the way other sports have here. PBC is in the best position to make that happen.

Sure you would still have different champions recognized in Europe, but for the US viewer, there would be one champion to follow instead of four. Europe crowns their own basketball champion, but nobody here cares. They just watch the NBA.

But what would be ideal doesn't change what actually is. The current set up of the sport, and it's been this way for decades, is that promoters, networks, managers, etc care far more about controlling belts than they do controlling fighters. As long as you have belts, you have power. It's been this way for a very long time.

Laughable to bring up Ryan Garcia when he's making 25k per fight. Unless he's able to win a world title, he's never going to make big money. Making big money without ever winning a world title is nearly impossible. The entire business model of the sport is to try to get a belt so you can finally get big TV dates.

Comment

You'd end up with different leagues around the world, without the ABCs pilfering profits like the parasitic middle men they are.

US Boxing would benefit greatly from a dominant league the way other sports have here. PBC is in the best position to make that happen.

Sure you would still have different champions recognized in Europe, but for the US viewer, there would be one champion to follow instead of four. Europe crowns their own basketball champion, but nobody here cares. They just watch the NBA.

But what would be ideal doesn't change what actually is. The current set up of the sport, and it's been this way for decades, is that promoters, networks, managers, etc care far more about controlling belts than they do controlling fighters. As long as you have belts, you have power. It's been this way for a very long time.

Laughable to bring up Ryan Garcia when he's making 25k per fight. Unless he's able to win a world title, he's never going to make big money. Making big money without ever winning a world title is nearly impossible. The entire business model of the sport is to try to get a belt so you can finally get big TV dates.
                      With UFC coming into boxing maybe its possible for them to take pbc's as a tv entity and let pbc become the defacto sanctioning body for its fighters. Using all of haymon fighters. plus if pbc/zuffa are able to get fox and ESPN tv deals who wouldn't want to sign on with their entity

Comment

Working...
                      X