Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ever get elected?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
    dumbass comparison that's always made on this topic. don't you think it's a bit of a stretch to compare migrants to probably the greatest tactician and military force ever in history?

also this comparison conveniently leaves out the fact that the great wall of China did actually work for hundreds of years til genghis khan showed up with his large army.

I brought up the Berlin wall only because someone else did. Also, the comparison of the Mongols and Soviet Union isn't that much of a stretch, after all the SU defeated a pretty good military force in Nazi Germany. Yes, the Great Wall worked in some instances but not all the time. The Huns breached it many times as well as other steppe warriors. But certainly it was effect for a long period of time.

Oh, your comparison was the "invasion" of Central American immigrants to the Mongols. Or that's what you thought I was comparing. The current "invasion" isn't a National Emergency but the Mongol invasion certainly was an emergency. Hence one situation needed a wall, and the other doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      Nice touch of McCarthyism there. No, I don't support communism, if I did I'd be a Bernie supporter, but I do support national security and protected borders. And you mentioned the Berlin Wall being condemned and rejoiced at when destroyed. If it weren't effective, there would be no cause for such actions.

You compare it to the Wall of China. The biggest difference is that we're not trying to deter an invading army, just some invading caravans
      I agree. One (Huns, Mongols) required a wall (that didn't work) and the other (caravans) doesn't and won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        So you're another one who didn't know the Berlin Wall was built to keep the fascist out and not to keep the people in....that's how the government sold it to the people. Just like the government is selling it to your dumb ass. And you're so brainwashed and stupid you're cheering it on (and because the people are brown.)
        that's not what i'm trying to talk about so shut the **** and do what i told you. tell me your thoughts on the 2nd amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
          I agree. One (Huns, Mongols) required a wall (that didn't work) and the other (caravans) doesn't and won't.
          Why wouldn't it? How would the caravan easily evade the wall?

By your logic, we should tear down every prison because there was an escape

Comment

That wasn't why the Berlin wall was built. The Berlin wall was originally called the "Anti-Fascist Protective Rampart". Built to keep the fascist out of East Germany. But it turned out keeping the people in. So she is correct.
            You're wrong yet again.

It was always designed to keep people in, not out.

People weren't trying to get into East Berlin, but they were literally dying trying to get out.

Once again I must tell you; you need to start doing Independent research and lay off those superfan sites.

I don't know how many more times you're going to spew falsehoods and myself or others will have to correct you, but I'll be here til you stop it.

I'll never understand why people who claim to love freedom so much are ok with the idea of the govt building a wall that keeps them in. Trump won't be President forever. If that wall it built it can be used by another President to keep us in.
            You tell us.

After all, you're the one voting and cheerleading for those who advocate the same exact policies the people who put up the Berlin Wall did.

The Trump wall is solely to keep folks out. You'll notice you dont see Americans fleeing the US, even people like you, Alec Baldwin, Cher, and Rosie O'Donnell who complain about how terrible it is here and have in some cases even threatened to leave the US if Trump became President.

No need to build a wall keeping folks in when they ain't leaving, genius.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              Why wouldn't it? How would the caravan easily evade the wall?

By your logic, we should tear down every prison because there was an escape
              As you see, "stupid voters" have faulty logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Only if you make me Moo Goo Gai Pan, Chinaman.
                I can make that happen

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  As you see, "stupid voters" have faulty logic.
                  These mofos can't fool me. I spent enough time behind bars to know that walls, razor wire,and armed guards are quite effective

Comment

That wasn't why the Berlin wall was built. The Berlin wall was originally called the "Anti-Fascist Protective Rampart". Built to keep the fascist out of East Germany. But it turned out keeping the people in. So she is correct.

I'll never understand why people who claim to love freedom so much are ok with the idea of the govt building a wall that keeps them in. Trump won't be President forever. If that wall it built it can be used by another President to keep us in.
                    I dont care about the wall

But I dont see the big deal about a wall either

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                      that's not what i'm trying to talk about so shut the **** and do what i told you. tell me your thoughts on the 2nd amendment.
                      I own guns. That's my thoughts.

Now keep begging the government to protect you and I'll take it upon myself to protect me and mine like a real man should.

Comment

Working...
                      X