Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua-Wilder Does Over 1 Million PPV Buys in America

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh oh here we go lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      “In that respect it’s better for us if Wilder wins the rematch [with Fury], especially if Joshua fights Miller in America in June. That starts making the $50 million offer look like peanuts," Hearn said.

What $50 Million is he talking about? The one that all the Joshua fans keeping saying doesn't exist? Nice job Eddie!
      The only people who believe the $50 mil offer wasn't legit are the extreme AJ fanboys. To believe that offer didn't exist you'd have to believe Wilder, Finkell, Warren, Espinoza, DiBella, & Whyte are all lying and Hearn is the only one tellin the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Akutalee View Post
        Shut your stinking mouth Aj is the king of the division and you must beat him to be the best
        Get AJs d.ick out of your mouth

Beating Klit a year and half after Fury and a bunch of top 10s who everyone recognizes are at least a level or two below the top dogs doesn’t make him king

To do be recognized #1 and not just by lames like you he has to beat the winner of Fury / Wilder until then there is no clear cut king

Originally posted by Bossman15 View Post
        Like I've stated in past post Joshua is a nobody when it comes to beating the so called man. This Is how I look at it if he would of beat Fury when he had those belts I would of have him more credit but let's be honest he fought for vacant belts and did not face the lineal champ when the offer was presented.

Plus Wilder may not have the best resume but I do agree with you when you say he has chased more tough fights in the last year and for me you can never count out Usyk Miller Joyce Brezeale or Whyte at this current moment I just see this as Hearn trying to save face on having a legit opponent make Joshua a name here in the states and still chase the Wilder fight towards 2020

Agree

AJ beating Klit a year and a half after Fury did it and grabbing straps off Martin & Parker isn’t enough to be seen as unquestionably the #1

He has to beat the winner of Fury / Wilder to do that

Right now as it stands there’s 3 top dogs each having their own reasons why they can be considered #1 but until they all fight each other it’s just opinion

Comment

That fight has to be in America....Biggest Heavyweight fight in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            I would honestly say two contest the top. Only because I believe Tyson won the fight in Dec. If. You said Fury was no 1 I couldn’t argue he has gone to enemy territory and showed up. Wilder needs to right a wrong so if he wins the rematch then it will be Wilder and Joshua. Hopefully this year the undisputed will be contested
            Hey you’re entitled your opinion and not saying you’re wrong but there still isn’t a clear #1 at HW it’s still debatable

technically Wilder didn’t lose and although many fans think he did he also knocked Fury into oblivion in the 12th and was lucky the fight didnt end , I just have a hard time taking the Champ strap the way it played out

Let them run it back and Hope the rematch gives a definite answer and then goes on to AJ to see who the real #1 is
            Last edited by R_Walken; 02-07-2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
              I'm an AJ fan and I don't say that it doesn't exist! I know that both Joshua and Hearn have admitted that it was actually offered.

Its been confirmed, no hiding from that.

BUT, and its a big but, all of the AJ haters need to realise that the $50m was not guaranteed. It was also confirmed that the money was partly fronted by Frank Warren and that BT Sport would have the exclusive PPV rights in the UK.

Joshua is contracted to Matchroom and Sky Sports (a rival broadcaster) so Joshua's contract with Sky by proxy meant that the $50m wasn't worth $50m to him. I think Joshua admitted it was worth something like $25m which is under £20m, less than what he made against Povetkin.

Simple as that.

So, although the $50m dollar offer was made, it was bogus. That's just how it is. Claim $50m all you like, you'll hear what I have said, over and over.

Don't be one of those AJ hating Wilder fans that brings a short memory argument to the table.
              Talk to the more reasonable Wilder fans that one you are wasting your time ,he is too far gone. He still refers to Ortiz as the bogeyman even though 2 fights ago I see him hit the canvas 3 times and had snot all over his face

Comment

Originally posted by CocoonOfHorror View Post
                It's hard to imagine AJ-Wilder I doing a million PPV buys in the US unless Eddie does a complete 180 on location.
                First, to do 1 million PPV sales in the US, the fight must start Saturday night on US TV from say 9 PM-midnight Eastern. That means the fight couldn't take place in the UK. So it appears that Eddie is implying that they want to fight Wilder in the US to maximize revenue.
                Maybe he plans to put AJ-Wilder I in the UK (Saturday afternoon US time) and use it to draw subscriptions to DAZN. With a two-way rematch clause for a second fight in the US.

I can see a path to an AJ-Wilder II rematch doing a million US buys if Wilder-Fury II is a thrilling Wilder win that blows up on social media and general sports media in the US, plus AJ-Wilder I does the same.
                That’s why Hearn is finally bringing aj to states says that in article if was held in U.K. wouldn’t be a ppv in USA

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                  Cool story Robbie , but it doesn’t matter nothing was settled between Wilder /Fury the first time out so hopefully there will be a decisive winner in the rematch , Fans opinion really doesn’t mean sh.it Most fans saw Golovkin beating Canelo two times but it doesn’t change the record books

Untill then HW still has 3 uncrowned Kings all jockeying for the right to to hold the crown and be #1 without argument

the fact is the fight was a draw which was IMo the right decision

Yes Fury outboxed Wilder for most of the fight but I think Wilder won a couple rounds early and when he gets 2 KD one in the 12th that had Fury Lifeless for 5-6 and which at that point 90% of referees would have ended the fight ( Not saying Reiss didn’t make the right call ) i just don’t think that’s how yountake the strap off the champ

Let them run it back and hope for 1 clear winner
                  It's the fans who judge who is the #1 fighter. That clearly isn't Wilder. The sites that rank them even moved Fury ahead of Wilder because they were disgusted with the robbery. Wilder has no claim to #1 end of.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman15 View Post
                    Like I've stated in past post Joshua is a nobody when it comes to beating the so called man. This Is how I look at it if he would of beat Fury when he had those belts I would of have him more credit but let's be honest he fought for vacant belts and did not face the lineal champ when the offer was presented.

Plus Wilder may not have the best resume but I do agree with you when you say he has chased more tough fights in the last year and for me you can never count out Usyk Miller Joyce Brezeale or Whyte at this current moment I just see this as Hearn trying to save face on having a legit opponent make Joshua a name here in the states and still chase the Wilder fight towards 2020
                    So how about Wilder that couldn’t beat Fury after fury being out for 3 years. What’s your thoughts on that? Also you can’t say for 1 year wilder has chased the toughest guys when he has had a 11 year career. What about the other 10 years? If he had beat Fury I couldn’t say a word because even though he has fought more bums than Joshua has had fights he won the biggest challenges when it mattered but he lost.... sorry he drew.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                      Exactly what I was thinking, backed himself into a corner didn’t he
                      He has admitted that DAZN have to bid for U.K. fights but he definitely sold DAZN as being the only place to see AJ in US. Also ‘ppv is dead’ seems a bit of a silly comment now

Comment

Working...
                      X