Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Pac, Roach seeing Dollars !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs Pac, Roach seeing Dollars !!!

Saying Canelo's side approached Pac's side sounds very plausible...

Don't over-react here people, but that makes sense to me.... Don't get me wrong, I want to see Canelo vs GGG as much as any other boxing fan, but this matchup will be as enormous as Canelo vs GGG, if not larger ??? Roach and Oscar are smart... Let's look at a few of the incentives....

--- Oscar finds a graceful way out of a Triple G fight, Carnegie would be proud...

---Canelo solidifies his Pay-per-view stock...

---Canelo gets to avoid the more dangerous GGG and fight another much smaller opponent, but one who will bust the bank...

--- Roach is posturing for it, must feel that Pacquiao can be persuaded...

--Roach seems to want Canelo before Triple G fights him, that way Canelo won't be tainted should he lose... It's not nearly as lucrative if GGG dominates Canelo...
    (Not saying he will or won't)

--- Roach calls GGG the best P4P after not acknowledging GGG as a credible enough of a opponent for Cotto.... Perhaps to plant seeds of doubt in Golden Boy...

--- If this fight does take place, the world would understand that the money would be to good to pass up...

Personally, I'll be greatly disappointed if Canelo vs GGG gets sidetracked any further....

The Wild card is Floyd...
    Perhaps Mayweather might read the tea leaves and realized that Pacquiao is still his most lucrative option and that a Canelo victory might diminish Pacquiao and Manny might truely can it quits ???

Yes it makes sense money wise for Pacquiao and Canelo to take it but its a huge mismatch because of the size.

At least Khan could fill out to reach 160 albeit he didn't look that good at the weight he still managed it, Pacquiao wouldn't do that it'd just be a matter of Canelo walks through unfazed by Pacquiaos punching power and a case of sooner or later Pac gets clipped.
    Its pretty unfair because Pacquiao would be outweighed by like 30lbs.
    If Pac wants to fight again then Floyd is his man he wants to talk about not Canelo because IF GGG is too big for Floyd well Canelo is definitely NOW too big for Floyd.

Comment

This is one fight I am positive will never happen for a number of reasons. First I don't think Oscar wants this fight at all. Arum is the one who wants this mismatch not Oscar or Canelo. Canelo was criticized for fighting the smaller Khan so I doubt he wants to hear even more complaining about him fighting the even smaller Pacquiao. Pacquiao won't take the fight anyway. After Margarito hurt him to the body Pacquiao said his body was too small to take the punishment bigger fighters dish out and he would not fight above 147. Canelo is bigger and hits harder to the body than Margarito. The only reason Canelo can make 154 is he is allowed to fully rehydrate. With Roach's rehydrating clause Canelo would be very weak and therefor he would never agree to any type of rehydrating clause.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        This is one fight I am positive will never happen for a number of reasons. First I don't think Oscar wants this fight at all. Arum is the one who wants this mismatch not Oscar or Canelo. Canelo was criticized for fighting the smaller Khan so I doubt he wants to hear even more complaining about him fighting the even smaller Pacquiao. Pacquiao won't take the fight anyway. After Margarito hurt him to the body Pacquiao said his body was too small to take the punishment bigger fighters dish out and he would not fight above 147. Canelo is bigger and hits harder to the body than Margarito. The only reason Canelo can make 154 is he is allowed to fully rehydrate. With Roach's rehydrating clause Canelo would be very weak and therefor he would never agree to any type of rehydrating clause.

khan only got 330k buys. IDK what DLH guaranteed canelo, if it was too much they may have lost money on GBP end...

but I think Canelo will put up with whatever hate for a manny fight, would have to do 800-1.2 million you would think

Comment

Roach once said he loved Manny like a son and would let him retire..truth is he doesnt want his money machine to go away and doesnt want to lose those pay days

Comment

Working...
          X