No announcement yet.

cudnet get past the jab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cudnet get past the jab

i was gettin so annoyed today i cudnet get past my trainers jab lol true he use to be pro and was a pretty gd fighter but i duno i was very sluggish and slow today because i mised 1 week of the gym so maybe that cud of caused it? anyway people got tips on gettin past the jab?

Parry it down and counter. Or just take a few jabs to get on the inside of him.

Comment

hold out your right hand... ala roy jones jr... it will block site of his jab... but ALWAYS, and i mean ALWAYS be prepared to bring that right hand back to the side of your face incase of a left hook..

also lots of head movement, random head movement, dont make a pattern...

but holding the right hand out works... ive tried it, multiple people ive sparred told me they found it hard to use there jab when i did that...

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        hold out your right hand... ala roy jones jr... it will block site of his jab... but ALWAYS, and i mean ALWAYS be prepared to bring that right hand back to the side of your face incase of a left hook..

also lots of head movement, random head movement, dont make a pattern...

but holding the right hand out works... ive tried it, multiple people ive sparred told me they found it hard to use there jab when i did that...
        It is also illegal

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2008 View Post
          It is also illegal
          i dont mean hold it out fully extended....

hold it out in front of you a little bit.. not right next to your face.. basically block his sight with it... not fully extended though because that is illegal

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2008 View Post
            Parry it down and counter. Or just take a few jabs to get on the inside of him.
            what he said. I hate it when a guy can take my jab, and just runs inside on me. especially if he's a better infighter.

Comment

thx for the replies peeps im gna try harder on gettin past the jab

Comment

man i feel your pain

a few weeks ago i sparred for the first time. my trainer put me up against a guy who was about 5 inches taller, faster and more experienced. i felt like tito when he fought winky... and its funny cause i was trying to emulate winky

i asked for advice and all he said was to move my head - i was thinkin to myself "wtf is that all the advice you got?" he doesnt speak that much english so maybe he jsut couldnt describe what to do

after thinkin about it i realized i shouldve snuck in at angles, doubled and tripled my jabs to get in closer, and parry

Comment

use wladimir's chopping punch. it is a legit martial technique - although usually used combined with a forward force and with full body force behind it has a strike to the head, etc.

if you learn how to relax your arm and drop momentum through it it will literally feel like your arm was hit with a baseball bat.

i only bring this up because there are some good tips already given - so i thought i would throw something unusual in the pot.

Comment

You can usually just lean back a little bit and counter with a right, specially if it is a lazy jab. Head movement! Or just parry it and counter with your own jab/straight right.

Comment

Working...
                    X