Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Crawford The Most Skilled Jr Welter of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Crawford The Most Skilled Jr Welter of All Time?

I can't think of any 140 pounder throughout history that has dominated the division more than Crawford has. Yes, Pryor, Manny Antonio, Delahoya, Mosley, Kostya, Chavez Sr, and Wilfred were great. But they never dominated the division in the same fashion as Crawford has. Plus, none of them had the same skill set as Crawford does. Crawford is a blend of Marc Too Sharp Johnson, Marvin Hagler, and Pernell all in one.

Just cause Crawford is tearing through some slackers, I wouldn't say yet he's THAT amazingly good. He's got the talent but he still needs more A+ competition. Aside from Gamboa who was coming up in weight, Crawford hasn't really faced too many big names yet.

Don't let HBO's nut riding commentating fool you.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
      Just cause Crawford is tearing through some slackers, I wouldn't say yet he's THAT amazingly good. He's got the talent but he still needs more A+ competition. Aside from Gamboa who was coming up in weight, Crawford hasn't really faced too many big names yet.

Don't let HBO's nut riding commentating fool you.
      Again, name me one 140 pounder in history who was as skilled as Crawford.

Comment

Calm down dude. He's a HOF caliber fighter in a division where most of the top 10 fighters are C level, B level at best. Beating a bunch of Lundy's and Molina's don't make you the GOAT of your division. Don't forget how good recent guys like FMJ, PAC, Whitaker, ODLH were at 140, they all beat Bud IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
          Calm down dude. He's a HOF caliber fighter in a division where most of the top 10 fighters are C level, B level at best. Beating a bunch of Lundy's and Molina's don't make you the GOAT of your division. Don't forget how good recent guys like FMJ, PAC, Whitaker, ODLH were at 140, they all beat Bud IMO.
          None of those guys were the total package like Crawford is. Crawford is an elite offensive and defensive fighter. Those guys were either good at one or the other. Floyd maybe the exception.

Comment

Floyd mayweather jr did compete at 140

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Floyd mayweather jr did compete at 140
              Wasn't his only fight Gatti?

Comment

LOL Wilfred Benitez will school Crawford at 20 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                  Wasn't his only fight Gatti?
                  Chop chop Corley
                  Henry bruscles

Not exactly murderers row, but Floyd still competed at 140, so no way is Crawford the all time most skilled 140 of modern era let alone history

Comment

Young Pacquiao would eat crawford alive. At any weight.

Right now I don't know how much of Pacman is still left in manny, probably not much.
                    Last edited by Helm; 05-21-2017, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X