Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry. I just rewatched Wladimir vs Haye. Why all the blame on Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I have all the respect in the world with how Adamek has carried himself as a heavyweight and I have zero respect for Haye.
    I think that's more to do with the way Adamek carries himself.

Haye has little respect among boxing fans because of the trash talk.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Why, because he got beat up?

I understand the hate towards Haye, and, clearly, his game plan was wrong.

Rounds 3/5/6 were key IMO. Haye landed a telling right in R3 that visibly shook Wladimir; but he failed to follow it up. In round 5 or 6, Wladimir let his right hand go, and rocked Haye. Thereafter, Haye ran.
      No it was because Aadmek was obviously outclassed and he still showed something that skills can't give you and you can't train for and something that Haye is lacking and that is heart. And he has also looked to fight other top in their prime contenders and has stayed busy. More so then any other contender in the division and you all still 5hit on the man. And Haye gets way to much credit for landing one or two punches. I still can't believe how much credit he gets for ringing Valuev's bell for three seconds when I personally didn't even believe he did enough to win the fight.

Comment

No it was because Aadmek was obviously outclassed and he still showed something that skills can't give you and you can't train for and something that Haye is lacking and that is heart. And he has also looked to fight other top in their prime contenders and has stayed busy. More so then any other contender in the division and you all still 5hit on the man. And Haye gets way to much credit for landing one or two punches. I still can't believe how much credit he gets for ringing Valuev's bell for three seconds when I personally didn't even believe he did enough to win the fight.
        Adamek threw about the same number of punches as Haye and got hit in the head about 200 times more. WHAT HEART!

Comment

You're spot on re. Valuev. I had him up 2 or 3 points. Likewise re. Haye's lack of heart.

He's just one of those fighters - if he gets hit, he runs. When he chooses to engage, though, he's exciting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
            I think that's more to do with the way Adamek carries himself.

Haye has little respect among boxing fans because of the trash talk.
            Wrong, Ali was the biggest trash talker in the history of the sport. The big difference between Ali and Haye, do I even have to say it? Is the fact that Ali backed up his trash talking in the ring and therefore he had my respect.

Comment

Wrong, Ali was the biggest trash talker in the history of the sport. The big difference between Ali and Haye, do I even have to say it? Is the fact that Ali backed up his trash talking in the ring and therefore he had my respect.
              Oh yeah, undoubtedly. I would have thought that would've been a given.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Adamek threw about the same number of punches as Haye and got hit in the head about 200 times more. WHAT HEART!
                If you trying to say that Adamek has no heart I don't know what else to say? Or you could take a poll and ask who has a bigger heart Haye or Adamek. If I was beating man I would bet the house that fans would vote Adamek in a land slide.

Comment

If you trying to say that Adamek has no heart I don't know what else to say? Or you could take a poll and ask who has a bigger heart Haye or Adamek. If I was beating man I would bet the house that fans would vote Adamek in a land slide.
                  Standing there and taking punishment doesn't mean you have heart, it means you're a ******. Yes he does have heart but his performance against Vitali was actually worse than Gaye's against Wladimir.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Standing there and taking punishment doesn't mean you have heart, it means you're a ******. Yes he does have heart but his performance against Vitali was actually worse than Gaye's against Wladimir.
                    Adamek knew he had to take chances he tried and got totally outclassed. And in my opinion he is a pretty decent fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                      In the end wlad fought a very safe fight and gave Haye little chance, which was the smart thing to do, but clearly Wlad didn't think Haye was bum because he was extremely cautious in that fight.
                      When is Wlad not cautious?

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                      Who who keeps saying Haye did a magnificent job of avoiding Wlad's jab?

LOL, Wlad landed 30% of his jabs, landing over 100 for the entire fight. That is very good statistics for the jab, which is usually not a very "high percentage" punch.

Wladimir's jab is main reason why Haye was unable to do anything. Not only could he not avoid it, but he couldn't do anything when he did manage to weave under the jab, for fear of the right hand coming right behind it.

That's how Wladimir works - he starts off getting you worried about his jab. . Then introduces the right hand a few times. . Then when you're worried about the right hand, he brings in the left hook. . He throws each punch off the other, setting them up. About 70% jab, 20% straight right, and 10% left hook.
                      Haye did slip a lot of jabs, those that connected weren't clean. The reason why Wlad didn't throw many power shots is because he couldn't land his jab as much as he wanted to for him to get comfortable.

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                      Haye needs to employ some damn Mike Tyson ferocious Body Punching. lol
                      I don't understand why these heavyweights don't go to Wlad's body, it's more open than a prostitute's legs.

Comment

Working...
                      X