Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua To Team Wilder: Give Me $50 Million - I'll Sign Tomorrow!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    I got the numbers from Kev's post. Business works with how much you draw, how much you've drawn in the past is evidence of your appeal. Wilder is a nobody compared to Joshua. Don't talk about business when you haven't got a clue. In business something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. At the moment that's 12.5 mil for Wilder.
    I'll ignore the insult. If it makes you feel better about yourself, so be it.

That "worth what someone is willing to pay" supercedes all that ratio crap being spotted in these threads. It supercedes everything.

Now, against that back drop, Hearn was "willing to pay" Parker roughly 30%. Thats what we agree was his or "the fight's" worth. Now, is the boxing public to believe that Wilder, who draws more fans than Parker, has the final belt and gateway to undisputed, is WORTH less than Parker?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      I'll ignore the insult. If it makes you feel better about yourself, so be it.

That "worth what someone is willing to pay" supercedes all that ratio crap being spotted in these threads. It supercedes everything.

Now, against that back drop, Hearn was "willing to pay" Parker roughly 30%. Thats what we agree was his or "the fight's" worth. Now, is the boxing public to believe that Wilder, who draws more fans than Parker, has the final belt and gateway to undisputed, is WORTH less than Parker?
      Parker got less than 9.2 mil, Wilder is being offered 12.5 mil. How is that less smart guy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Show one post of yours that criticise any American posters on here when they claimed they just want to see the fight. Just one, that told them off for accusing Joshua of ducking the fight. Or one that says “Us brits doesn’t want the fight”

After all those talks if Wilder doesn’t accept this fight I would call him a duck straight up.
        Understand that by "one side", I mean Team Wilder. I'm not talking about posters. These threads are for discussion. I tend not to engage those with radical views.

Comment

Parker got less than 9.2 mil, Wilder is being offered 12.5 mil. How is that less smart guy?
          I believe the initial expectations were for Parker to get $9M+. However, as I understand it, after the final tally, because Parker received a % split, his final purse was roughly $13M.

Please don't be a "know-it-all".

Comment

I believe the initial expectations were for Parker to get $9M+. However, as I understand it, after the final tally, because Parker received a % split, his final purse was roughly $13M.

Please don't be a "know-it-all".
            Wrong. That 13 mil was being mentioned BEFORE the fight as an estimate. Hearn confirmed Parker made less than £6.5 mil ($9.2 mil) the other day on twitter.

Again Wilder fans with the fantasy numbers.

Comment

Wrong. That 13 mil was being mentioned BEFORE the fight as an estimate. Hearn confirmed Parker made less than £6.5 mil ($9.2 mil) the other day on twitter.

Again Wilder fans with the fantasy numbers.
              1. I don't follow Hearn on twitter.
              2. I said reported, meaning not stating as if I saw the check.
              3. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me more of the context of Hearn saying "Cut (£13m) in half and it's still too much,". I wasn't able to locate the Hearn's twitter post that includes this quote.

Comment

1. I don't follow Hearn on twitter.
                2. I said reported, meaning not stating as if I saw the check.
                3. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me more of the context of Hearn saying "Cut (£13m) in half and it's still too much,". I wasn't able to locate the Hearn's twitter post that includes this quote.

Looks like the posts he was replying to have been deleted. Basically someone said Parker was paid £13 mil, Hearn asked where he got that from, someone posted an article, Hearn said halve that and it's still too much.

Comment

Looks like the posts he was replying to have been deleted. Basically someone said Parker was paid £13 mil, Hearn asked where he got that from, someone posted an article, Hearn said halve that and it's still too much.
                  Thanks for that. I wonder where the article got that £13M from and why Eddie deleted the tweet.

Either way, I think its probably more satisfactory to state Wilder's worth in the form of a purse split percentage than a flat fee. Especially given the uncertainty of when the fight will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                    I don't see this fight being worth 100 million
                    I have my doubts too, but it's worth a heck of a lot more than the $12.5m offer to Wilder would have folks suggest.

-The UK rights to the Wilder-Joshua fight should be worth an easy $15m (Sky Box Office, using Eddie's connection; Sky takes their piece on the fight, with any remaining getting thrown into the pot).
                    -The gate/site fee, if Wilder-Joshua is as big an event as people think, should be worth an easy $15m from T-Mobile Arena.
                    -The worth of the international TV is completely unknown, but let's put $5m as a placeholder.
                    -Figure at least another $5m from the event sponsors, and another $1m cleared in merch.

On top of that, you then have the US PPV (@$65/PPV, the event clears it's own $20m at 600k PPV buys)

Getting to $100m is going to be tough, but it's not impossible (Alvarez-Golovkin did over $27m at T-Mobile Arena, the UK number assumes 1m homes versus the assumed 1.5m that Joshua-Klitschko drew, the EU TV rights could end up being worth more due to the Klitschko performance, Joshua-Wilder could end up doing 1m homes on PPV, etc).

Depending on what MGM Resorts decides to do, $50m between the two fighters is basically guaranteed at this point.

Comment

• There you go.
                      It's mind-boggling to see nothing has come out from the Wilder camp.
                      Other than talk talk yap yap yap...
                      I would readily call Joshua's bluff if I feel the fight worth over $100 million.
                      They should at least crunch numbers, consult with Schaefer, Haymon, Arum, you name it.
                      With all the money they're projecting, they're doing nothing but talk.

Comment

Working...
                      X