Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgil Hunter "If Andre Ward Fights Anthony Joshua I'll Keep A Towel In My Hand"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    perhaps he was referring to wards team contacting him about bellew, not aj

i would bet any money it never happens
    No it's in IFL TV, Hearn said they were seriously looking at AJ BUT he doesn't think the public will buy into AJ vs Ward so he offered Bellew as another option. And tbh Ward could probably beat Bellew so that fight might happen. Hearn won't put AJ in with Ward.. He won't risk losing his prized fighter due to murder in the ring.
    Last edited by NahMean; 07-23-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

How do you delete a thread? For some reason there is 2 of these threads

Comment

LMAO, I'd like to see this fight.

Comment

Ward fighting Joshua is just a bunch of talk in my opinion. I doubt Ward will ever actually fight him. If he did he would lose by KO in my opinion. Ward is great at 168 and 175. Ward fighting a good 245 pound rock hard Joshua who has good hand speed and accuracy combined with great power is a bad idea. Ward can't maul him at close range because Joshua is much too strong. Ward doesn't have the power to hurt him either. I really can't see a way for Ward to win against Joshua. Joshua has a big height and reach advantage over Ward and Joshua has a good jab and straight right. Ward can't stay at long range and outbox him and he can't overpower him at close range. How can he win? When Joshua lands some bombs on him the fight will be over.

Comment

if the greatest clincher of the last 20 years couldnt beat joshua how can ward? i know ward has more variety in his cheat game but still. a leaping headbutt is going to take a lot of energy to deliver against someone so tall. joshua is the perfect height to low blow though so maybe he gets another "ko"

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              Ward should never go anywhere near Joshua..man is almost 100 pounds bigger and solid muscle
              For sure. Ward vs Joshua is nothing like Jones Jr vs Ruiz. Joshua made klitchko look small.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                if the greatest clincher of the last 20 years couldnt beat joshua how can ward? i know ward has more variety in his cheat game but still. a leaping headbutt is going to take a lot of energy to deliver against someone so tall. joshua is the perfect height to low blow though so maybe he gets another "ko"
                Even the best can lose after being punched repeatedly in the dick. I think Ward would probably beat AJ on low blows.

Comment

He not putting his career out there for a payday but for legacy and greatness, would ward succeed, he'll be a hall of fame fighter

Comment

Originally posted by GW Carter View Post
                    Even the best can lose after being punched repeatedly in the dick. I think Ward would probably beat AJ on low blows.
                    depends if he can get the fight in his home country like all his other fights in the super six and since. if he does he knows he can cheat nonstop and get away with it. if the fights in the uk he obv wouldnt take it like he refused to join the super six if he had to travel, ducked the froch rematch, etc...and this is the "best" boxer boxing has to offer.....hmm dark times. can only win when he has ref and judges in his pocket as we have seen coutnless times in his career.
                    Last edited by daggum; 07-23-2017, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                      Yea.. Hate when trainers are willing to put thier fighters at risk for money and limelight. Book broke his eye socket and will never be the same. Who knows, maybe if he didn't fight GGG he wouldn't have quit against Spence and his other eye may not have also broke.

Hunter says Ward hasn't got any wear and tear on his body from boxing but in the same breath he wants to throw him in with AJ? When he knows in the back of his mind he may need to throw the towel in. It's sad.
                      Trainers can't control what fighters do. They can only advise.

Hunter isn't willing to sacrifice anyone. He was even against Khan fighting Canelo which is well documented. But he couldn't stop Khan from doing so.

My guess is, he's just saying this in case Ward decided to go ahead and fight Joshua but we know it will never happen so Hunter is just talking.

Comment

Working...
                      X