Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toney tapped King Mo out by standing guillotine choke in training.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    ^^

That's not suppose to be a knock on you, just saying I considered such things.
    It doesn't have any bearing on the future match-up against Couture, but an interesting feat nonetheless considering Toney's lack of experience and interest in MMA. Thus far it has seemed to me that he's only looking for a payday.
    Last edited by TheGreatA; 06-10-2010, 12:21 PM.

Comment

i hope toney manhandles randy.. he is very explosive and strong.. i knwo randy is super skilled and strong, based on what he did to brock lesnar.. but i can still hope

toney said, if randy tries to grab him, he's gonna throw him off to the side and let his hands go.. actually he said he would choke him out lol
      Last edited by Talon; 06-10-2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

here is the sherdog thread if you like to do more reading:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/rep...otine-1228132/

he says toney was stronger than he thought, i really think people underestimate his strength, explosiveness, and as he says "athletic ability" .. toney has the frame of a middleweight with the muscle of a heavyweight.. that means good leverage. he's built strong as they come.. you think fedor hits hard, wait till you see what toney can do. i bet toney can throw people around the same way fedor does.

Comment

“Mo giving me good work, but I keep telling people, I am a lot stronger than they think and I know some ****. Man… I got him in a….let him tell you. I don’t want to say too much, but I will say we put in some good work.”

PC: I heard Toney had some tricks up his sleeve. How did it go?
          KM: He's stronger than I thought, but I don't want to talk about it too much. He surprised me though.

PC: I heard some rumors of a standing guillotine or something.
          KM: Ask him mayne. Like I said, I give him his props. He's a lot stronger than I thought he was. James is going to surprise a lot of people I think.

"Thank goodness we didn’t do any stand-up. I’ve seen some of his sparring footage from when he sparred with Danny Green, and I’m not trying to be like Danny Green and get busted up like that. Hell to the no. I pass on that stuff right now."

you tryin to tell me this mu****a can't fight??

on sherdog a lot of the guys are rooting for toney the other half hates him because he's ghetto
          Last edited by Talon; 06-10-2010, 01:11 PM.

Comment

That slip of the jab and then right upper cut @ 1:09 is sick.

Comment

whoever believes this **** is ******ed.

I don't believe it even though King Mo said it himself.

Comment

It bothers me that people think Toney is stupid. I knew by the first interview when he talked about the front kick back kick **** that he was clowning.
                I promise you guys not only has Toney been studying mma for a while, but he will beat the dog **** out of Randy.

Toney is too much for Randy or Brock for that matter.
                Please quote me on that. I've been studying mma for a while, I'm just as aware as you guys are, I see this style match up working in Toney's favor.
                Toney is far too strong for Randy and will rag doll him. Toney is a real fighter. Randy can't hurt Toney and pressing him against the cage ain't gonna work.
                Toney will stop anybody at 205 or HW.
                I know you think Randy's experience will be the deciding factor but Randy's experience is bull**** in comparison to Toney's.

What I'm saying is Toney is was and will always be a better, stronger, more skillful fighter than Randy ever will be IMO!
                Please pull this thread up after the fight.

Comment

I don't care if it's a bar fight, street fight, **** fight, boxing, mma, or war of words Toney is just too much DOG for Randy.

Randy best win is Chuck Liddell and he couldn't stay awake long enough to go for a take down, since then he only think that's improved is his boxing (useless).

Toney is to much man for any 205er.

Comment

Randy will beat Toney easily

Comment

I have a hard time believing that this isn't a lame attempt to hype this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X