Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to hang up the gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I concussion is being knocked out right? Or do you mean seeing stars, blacking out for a second?

Comment

sorry but that's why i hate most baltimore gyms.
      you're supposed to work up to that stuff with defensive drills and light sparring with someone more experienced.
      too many bmore gyms throw guys to the wolves early and often.
      one of the naturally hardest hitting guys i knew would never even have an amateur career due to the damage accumulated from constant gym wars- bone chip in his nose, busted hand, he was never healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post
        you're supposed to work up to that stuff with defensive drills and light sparring with someone more experienced.
        one of the naturally hardest hitting guys i knew would never even have an amateur career due to the damage accumulated from constant gym wars- bone chip in his nose, busted hand, he was never healthy.
        Youre exactly right. what gym did you go to bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post
          Originally posted by ferocity View Post
          I concussion is being knocked out right? Or do you mean seeing stars, blacking out for a second?
          It just mean brain trauma from the brain hitting the skull too many times.

During the fight the only sign I had of one was slightly blacking out at one point, and when I got home I couldnt remember any bit of the first round at all.

Comment

Tough luck man. Get better.

Comment

so what exactly happened then? i want details,was you knocked out clean or just took too many punches?

Comment

He said he couldnt remember some of the fight when he got home. More than likely you do have a concussion, good luck man.

Comment

Originally posted by audley View Post
                  i always have an asparin on days of boxing, as it thins the blood. and will stop any head pains..
                  And if you get badly cut you'll bleed like a fountain!

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
                    so what exactly happened then? i want details,was you knocked out clean or just took too many punches?
                    Think of a real fight, now picture no defense at all by me for lack of training(actually took quite a few shots when they put the less experienced guy in there also because i was winded big time.) I wasnt knocked down or out. just a high volume of punches and max strength did it. At one point in like the 3rd round I did almost black out and get dazed but I wasnt going anywhere.

You'd think the Headgear and gloves would be a little more protective than they are...

Comment

i had concussion once for 3 days after i had a bottle broke over my head then a gang jumped on my head like it was a trampoline.

Comment

Working...
                      X