No announcement yet.

Video: A round from my 7th amateur fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: A round from my 7th amateur fight

Comments, critique, and all that jazz is welcome.

Another round, the 1st round, from the same fight. I'm in black and red by the way.

Comment

Good fight. You seem to have a good boxing style. You are still raw. Next time i see you fighting, i want to see you throwing that jab more. You can throw it to land, for defence or just so your opponet will open up and leave himself open so you can land your shot.

You are a bit stiff all around, I would practice more shadow boxing in front of a mirror so you put more of your shoulder, waist and legs into your punchs. But, you have a relaxed style, which is good, cause when you see the opening then you open up, plus the relaxed style seems to help you not waist as much energy. Just remember to always be thinking in there but use the jab when you are following/walking down your opponet. You have a good style, keep working hard in the gym and you will be even better. You seem to be improving everytime. Good job.

Comment

I forgot to add....seems like you are using the peek a boo style. Its cool. But imo, if you see a shot pratice learn to move your head not just take the shot. Learn to do both block with the peek a boo style, bob and weaving and rolling with a punch which may take even more practice. In shadow boxing, practing fighting in the inside, on the outside, moving a lot, boxing, practing being able to fight while walking, and while fighting to your left and right. Double up that jab. Tripple, quadriple and so on. You have a good left hook. Pract the left hook to the body, especially practice throwing it in twos or threes. Left to the body, and the the head vice, versa and finish off with the jab. Remember if you see the punch coming, bob and wave or duck then punch, learn to vary your attack and defence so you keep your opponet guessing what you are going to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
          Good fight. You seem to have a good boxing style. You are still raw. Next time i see you fighting, i want to see you throwing that jab more. You can throw it to land, for defence or just so your opponet will open up and leave himself open so you can land your shot.

You are a bit stiff all around, I would practice more shadow boxing in front of a mirror so you put more of your shoulder, waist and legs into your punchs. But, you have a relaxed style, which is good, cause when you see the opening then you open up, plus the relaxed style seems to help you not waist as much energy. Just remember to always be thinking in there but use the jab when you are following/walking down your opponet. You have a good style, keep working hard in the gym and you will be even better. You seem to be improving everytime. Good job.

Thanks for the compliments and my style. I do tend to get lazy at times as s shadowbox, but today I went at it for serious. My trainer said the same thing about me, which is that I look relaxed but that I fight stiff. It makes sense. I am not moving enough but my style is a 'coolness under pressure' type of style. I'll get more jabs my next fight.

Comment

hey dogg, good ****, in those rounds i seen alot of openings in his body, rewatch it an you'll see, hey boi where them fights bein held at in P-Cola, ya gotta let me know, where you train at an that ****

Comment

Pensacola Boxing Academy costs money but it is on Gulf Beach Hwy close to a restaurant called 'Mitsuko's' I believe is the name. Another one that I think is free but not as good as my gym is on Fireman Ln, off of W street in the OLD firehouse there...Fireman Ln is a dirtroad. Go down W st (away from the Rave) turn left on Fireman.

The fight was at Malcolm Yonge Center. 925 East Jackson St.

Comment

preciate it, what weight you at?

Comment

For that fight I was 145. For Golden Gloves I try to hit 141.

Comment

In amatuer do people not try to go for body shots that much?

Just seemed to me like niether of you attempted to go to the body.

Also in the Seventh round, you gave a left, left, followed by a right cross, and you dropped your right. Try not to drop your fist after the punch...I know that can be difficult...especially because you want to follow thru on punches to get your power on the end.

But when you leave your fist out, or drop it at the end of the punch, you're inviting a short counter hook right to the chin.

That's just my opinion. When I shadow box I try to jab, jab, cross. It's one of my favorite little combos. But I try to make an effort everytime to bring my first back and tuck my elbow. I keep conscious of it.

I believe I've seen people describe that as admiring your work.

Comment

Working...
                    X