Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder-Fury PPV Number is Terrible, Absolutely Terrible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackHawk2017 View Post
    Hearn is talking nonsense because he realized he's on a stalemate. Do you think you can fool us, Hearn is like insulting our capacity to assess & evaluate the ppv outcome of the fight. It's good that Wilder doesn't buy his tricks, he overvalued his coward fighter Joshua to avoid the fight. It's clear that Wilder-Fury priced at S74.99 w/ 300k ppv = S24.3 million 3x more quality value than Whyte-Parker priced at L19.95 w/ the same 300k ppv = S8.1 million. It only shows the fight could probably generate around 900k ppv if w/ same price value.

Eddie Hearn sounds ridiculous as does the fans who repeat the dumb sh#t that comes out of his mouth.

Comment

• Hearn knows the numbers are good...........

If you factor in gate which was probable $10-15 mil this was a good payday. $34-40 mil is good any day of the week. So I would say give Wilder/Fury $30 mil flat guarantee and call it a day. That's fair unless Wilder/Fury PPV numbers for second fight in UK increase dramatically.

Comment

• I believe 14m is the highest he would make in his career unless he fights Fury again and Joshua. There's so much money to be made for Wilder only that it took his management decades to see it. He should fight Joshua next and make more money. If Fury wins the rematch Wilder is finished. He better take the Joshua route. Fury is too risky for him

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
          Hurt about what ? Most money generated HW , has the DAZN brand, controls vast majority of champions over team Wilder and has multiple outlets to venture but he's jealous of Wilder who was booed coming in and out to Staples center and Fury? Why is he jealous there, tried getting the guy 3 fights? In the end he makes more money on AJ fights giving up less percentages.
          I told folks this in here and someone said that Wilder made 14 million. That was dependent on PPV buys, which was not much and I broke that down for the people.

Unless there was another deal made that I'm not aware of, Wilder pocketed under 10 million for this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
            Not entirely surprising considering wilder is virtually unmarketable.
            If Wilder is "virtually unmarketable" then why is Hearn suddenly so interested in making a Wilder-AJ fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
              Any proof of this?

His payout for 3 mil last time anyone in the know posted numbers
              I believe the minimum purse for Wilder was $4 million and $3 million for Fury. The fight did well when all revenue streams are considered so it stands to reason both made substantially more than the guaranteed minimum.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                .... but i feel Finkel wants to make a play on control of this fight. He wants to be making them an offer which he controls. Just a gut feeling. But thats why he has been holding off, he wants control and he wants it to happen in America.
                If that's his intention then he's made a good first step.

Comment

• Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  i don’t see how u think he’s going to double that. Wilder was able to do these numbers because he fought Fury. He has the rematch then what? How many guys does Wilder-Breazeale do? Sounds like a showtime or fox fight to me.
                  "Then what?" The then what is AJ.

Comment

• Hearn is playing a character or his daddy hasn't taught him about revenue yet.

Yawn at Hearn playing a character. Just be real you golden spoon maid changed your diapers mfer. Real Hearn is cool. This fake Hearn Young Bob Arum-like mfer is annoying & boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                      And canelo is a lot younger than wilder. All im saying is wilder isnt a star and the ppv figures show that. I thought heavyweight was the glamour division too?
                      Heavyweight is presently not the big deal in boxing due to the scarcity of world class fighters. Right now the glamour divisions are the lighter weight classes, especially Welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X