No announcement yet.

Malik Scott vs. Chisora stopped at count of 9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malik Scott vs. Chisora stopped at count of 9

Malik Scott was winning the fight. He got knocked down for the first time, got up on the count of 9, and the ref stopped it.

Should he have been allowed to continue?
    Last edited by SN!PER; 12-06-2018, 09:36 AM.

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post

Malik Scott was winning the fight. He got knocked down for the first time, got up on the count of 9, and the ref stopped it.

That was ridiculous.

Comment

Looked like he didn't want to continue to me. He sat watching the ref count and doesn't even attempt to get up until 9.

Comment

I agree that was BS, and I also agree it has nothing to do with your recent loss! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post

If a dude is up and able to continue fighting - in the eyes of the ref - before the 10 count has elapsed then he should be allowed to continue. What is the debate here exactly? The rules are fairly clear and allow the ref pretty much complete authority... sometimes refs choose to wave a fight off early and sometimes they may be - in hindsight - wrong to do so. Jacobs vs Pirog is a good example where maybe the ref should have given a fighter the full 10 but didn't.

Comment

Scott didn't want to fight on.

He did that thing of getting up late and pretending they want to fight. See Rubio v GGG.

Comment

Funnily enough that was the same guy that gave Wilder the draw

Comment

So what are we petionining for? To lose the 10 count and make it a 9 count or an 8 count?

Why even count?

Comment

You're sounding like a real Wilder right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    Funnily enough that was the same guy that gave Wilder the draw
                    Yeah early stoppage but I believe you are right. I think that is Phil Edwards who has reffed & judged many of Fury's fights. He did score Fury/Wilder a draw. Hahaha!

Comment

Working...
                    X