Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think berto would have won if he's shoulder was alright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was fighting with 1 hand come on how do u expect him to defend himself there were so many opportunities for right uppercuts and right hands but he never threw them coz of the pain to his right shoulder.

Comment

He was getting beat and rocked before the shoulder

Comment

Unless he got knocked out, yes. Berto would have gotten the decision with one arm if he lasted the 12th without hitting the ground. Those judges clearly wanted him to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Bad shoulder or not, he was getting hit with everything.
          Your post implies that having a bad shoulder wouldn't result in a fighter getting hit more frequently.

If his shoulder is actually injured then I think he would have won. In second and third round he was having success countering Karass with right uppercuts. I assumed that Karass adapted but if the reason for him failing to land his right in the following rounds was down to injury then I think he would have beaten Karass.

Comment

No. He was looking tired and swelling up early in the fight. Just think that he has been in tough, fought as well as he could and was not as good as advertised.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
              No.

Berto is the new Zab Judah.
              Zab Judah is a has been, Berto is a never was.

Comment

Yes I do. Sure El Renuente landed many good shots in first 4 rounds, but Berto also landed some good punches. But we must be realistic, Berto fought with only one and for 7 rounds, this was an huge handicap

Comment

I think they would have robbed Karass, but then they were going to do that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    Zab Judah is a has been, Berto is a never was.
                    Don't compare judah to andre berto judahs a former undisputed welt champion and has been in with the best andre berto is just all hype lol.

But i still think he was good enough to beat soto karass and he showed a lot of heart even though he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      Your post implies that having a bad shoulder wouldn't result in a fighter getting hit more frequently.

If his shoulder is actually injured then I think he would have won. In second and third round he was having success countering Karass with right uppercuts. I assumed that Karass adapted but if the reason for him failing to land his right in the following rounds was down to injury then I think he would have beaten Karass.
                      He had a good second round, but Soto-Karass was beating his ass again in the third.

Comment

Working...
                      X