No announcement yet.

Why MARIJUANA WAS MADE ILLEGAL in the first place

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    that's a trivial reason for wanting cannabis to stay illegal.
    Admittedly so, but drug use (legal or otherwise) is already rampant in this Country, and the last thing we need to do is condone it even further. Unless you have a legitimate, doctor-verified reason for needing marijuana for medical use (such as multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, or glaucoma) then I say you can just score it on the street like everybody else.

It's not like it's even difficult to obtain anymore, hell, I'm not even a fan of the stuff personally but it wouldn't take me more than 15 mins to score an ounce right now if I wanted it. It's that widespread.

Decriminalization is as far as my support would go.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      fighting will bother me not being medicated but that's all.

marihuana destroying somebodies life? if you look closer at the people blaming marihuana for wrecking their lifes you will find that these people have never been highly motivated and that they would have turned out to be losers whether or not they smoked marihuana.
      That's something we can both agree on. Drugs and alcohol don't destroy people's lives : People do a damn fine job of doing that all by themselves. Drug and alcohol abuse is just a convenient scapegoat that weak people have been blaming for their personal failures since their inception.

If your existence is so abysmal that you abuse toxic substances on a daily basis, then your problems are much bigger than the harmful tools you utilize to fuel your escapism in the first place.

Kill that noise.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        That's something we can both agree on. Drugs and alcohol don't destroy people's lives : People do a damn fine job of doing that all by themselves. Drug and alcohol abuse is just a convenient scapegoat that weak people have been blaming for their personal failures since their inception.

If your existence is so abysmal that you abuse toxic substances on a daily basis, then your problems are much bigger than the harmful tools you utilize to fuel your escapism in the first place

Kill that noise.

I'd agree. There is a fine line between escapism and enjoyment.
        Every day is generally escapism. Not really that sold on it's curative effects based on medical studies but then again there are a ton of crappy pharmaceutical drugs out there.

I definitely have dialed down my usage as I just wasn't as productive on it in so many ways.
        And the worst part was I just didn't care that I wasn't.
        I think moderation is fine but I wouldn't presume to tell an individual how much to smoke.

I'd say just not every day...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          you sound exactly like those government propoganda films from elementary school.

marihuana being a gateway drug is a bunch of crap. I guess that coffee and pepsi-cola are gateway drugs to alcoholism.

an addictive drug? there is no evidence of physical addiction to marihuana. I'm at an ounce to an ounce+ a month and if I don't have it for a month I am physicaly not affected, the injuries from fighting will bother me not being medicated but that's all.

marihuana destroying somebodies life? if you look closer at the people blaming marihuana for wrecking their lifes you will find that these people have never been highly motivated and that they would have turned out to be losers whether or not they smoked marihuana.

Get your facts from something published after 1962. your views are dated and have been proven wrong in numerous experiments.......Rockin'
          Everyone has facts and statistics, but guess what, I see how it has affected many of my friends. I don't need statistics and numbers and studies to see what it is doing to people around me. I have known them from before they started smoking and see how marijuana has affected their lives. Marijuana helped ruin my friend's marriage and just got him kicked out of where he was living. I see the difference when he has quit, but he seems to come back to it over and over again. Do you want to know why people come back to it? It's because of this whole mindset of weed being harmless and just a fun little drug to help people relax. It's because of people laughing off the idea of it being addictive and treating it lightly because "everybody does it." That's why people reject the notion of it being addictive and they justify smoking weed because "it is harmless." They are in denial. My friend was doing good in school once he quit, but came back to it and I see how his life becomes a mess once he starts again. Does it make sense that he has messed many things up in his life and still uses weed, knowing weed was responsible for many of those problems. The only conclusion that is reasonable for this is that he is an addict. He knows that he hates weed but he needs it because he is addicted. It is sad to see him suffering like that, but he has to learn on his own. The best thing in life is when people learn from their mistakes. He needs to hit rock bottom before he truly decides to quit.

My other friends are slowly going in that direction, as well. They don't really do anything other than smoke and don't really have goals in life. I see many of my friends start using weed when they decide to give up on life. The truth is that it can mess people up in different ways, maybe not as messed up as other drugs, but the effect is still there. I feel bad for them and I am the only one in that group who doesn't do it because I would not want to disappoint my family and I would not want to set that kind of example for my niece or other kids. I also don't even hang out with them anymore because all they do is smoke. It makes me feel bad, but I have my own goals in life.

I don't care what people say, there is no need for drugs unless you are truly suffering and need them to help you get better. People who use recreational drugs need to find better ways to use their time or better ways to find happiness. I am really against marijuana because of how so many people now a days use it and the culture around it and so forth. This medical marijuana thing here in California is pathetic and many people are just taking advantage of this system. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            I'd agree. There is a fine line between escapism and enjoyment.
            Every day is generally escapism. Not really that sold on it's curative effects based on medical studies but then again there are a ton of crappy pharmaceutical drugs out there.

I definitely have dialed down my usage as I just wasn't as productive on it in so many ways.
            And the worst part was I just didn't care that I wasn't.
            I think moderation is fine but I wouldn't presume to tell an individual how much to smoke.

I'd say just not every day...lol.
            I find that to be the best part, productive is a relative term anyway. Very few people are productive in a way that truly means anything, its just a term to make us forget that nothing we do truly matters in the end. I'd rather be happy than productive.
            Last edited by A.K.A; 11-27-2012, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CeeMCee View Post
              I find that to be the best part, productive is a relative term anyway. Very few people are productive in a way that truly means anything, its just a term to make us forget that nothing we do truly matters in the end. I'd rather be happy than productive.

I get that on a philosophical level but by productive I meant interfering with my work thus interfering with my pay which made me unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                I get that on a philosophical level but by productive I meant interfering with my work thus interfering with my pay which made me unhappy
                I can feel that. I thought maybe you thought working a soup kitchen was more productive than smokin' a fatty and watching a Rocky marathon. If its interfering with basic necessities then cutting back is probably a good idea. I really only use it to keep from assaulting all the stupid people I meet on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy
                  IMAGE#1

Just say no.
                  come on man. those people are on LSD and meth. we're talking about herb

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

weed is hardly even a drug. on the scale of negative effects of drugs, weed is ranked way below alcohol, which is legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Dora
                      damn pinoys were one of teh reason why it became illegal in the uS
                      what? how..

Comment

Working...
                      X